Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Muffinpox posted:

Is it an auto? I don't remember the manual being bad enough to ire me. Then again, eThrottle is kind hit or miss in terms of implementation. The C6 Z06 was extremely responsive in the upper rev ranges, but below 3k you could let off throttle and you could count the seconds until it began engine braking.

That's probably half the throttle, half deceleration fuel cutoff. My LS1 has a mechanical throttle, but you can still feel the engine braking kick in a bit harder once the computer actually stops feeding fuel to the engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Tremek posted:

Yup, also the duration can be modified in HPTuners and other tuning software. When I had my g8 tuned this added a bunch of burble and pop on decel which you can't argue with. :getin:

This man knows what's up.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Nodoze posted:

You can still get a loan on an AP2

You can find someone willing to finance any car, but I'm betting the rates are a lot higher on the S2000 than they would be on the BRZ.

As much as I'd love an S2K, it's a car I can never own because there's simply no way I could even drive it (let alone comfortably) without gutting the entire interior and figuring out how to set a bare-bones racing seat as low and far back in the car as possible. It's a tiny, tiny car inside, even for a two-seater.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Nodoze posted:

I don't find it to be THAT small either, I'm 6' tall and I don't even have my seat all the way back

6'4" fatty here, I sat in the driver's seat of one once and no matter where I placed the seat, my right knee interfered with the shifter. The top was already down at the time so I have no idea how I'd have fared there. The <1mi ride I got in one as a passenger was even more hilarious, I literally couldn't get into the car without dropping the top.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

So clearly the answer is a front wing. :getin:

• Locked thread