Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people

Muffinpox posted:

There are a bunch of cars that handle surprisingly similarly, I haven't driven a BRZ on good tires but it reminds me of the E46 330. You think "this car could really handle another 100hp and be perfect", lo and behold you get in an E46 M3 and it's pretty much perfect.

The Z06 handles like a giant prepped miata oddly enough. The only real difference is the width and horsepower. Getting the rear slightly ajar trail braking a corvette at 70mph scares people.

I've got a Miata and an e46 m that I autocross and I test drove the poo poo out of a C6Z06 and I agree with you on everything you've said. Wish I would have had the pocket change to pick up a z06. That was an awesome car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
If you haven't yet you should try one of the 2015 mustangs. I can't believe how loving fast they are at autocross.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
One of our local guys has a long term project 20B 7 that he's building. I don't think I'd want a ride because of the above reasons.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
It's also sounding like the ND is faster than the BRZ, so probably faster than the s2k as well.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
Motor trend put Randy Pobst in the frs and ND at willow springs and the ND was faster by about 1.4 seconds. I would think the BRZ is faster than a s2k on the track but I've never driven either on the track so #benchracing.

Also I doubt they controlled for tire and I would bet the Miata has better rubber than the BRZ.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
Because the BRZ has newer engineering (lol jk wrx suspension) and its 100lb lighter for about the same hp.

Frankly I figured the s2k should have been the frs' bench mark. But I've never driven either, no less raced.

I'd love to run a s2k though. I hear they are nice and loose (which I like) and I'm a sucker for a good shifter.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005

Muffinpox posted:

PM me, I'm willing to fly around to drive any cars people want to offer up! I'm gonna try to make it to TN in sept for some M3s.

If you're around SC, your welcome to run my e46 m3 manual. FS car on RS-3 V2s. Currently running 3rd in my regions pro class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
Drove a FiST this weekend and a CSP Miata. I loved both of them. I then drove a base 2015 5.0 MT and was very disappointed by it. The gearing seemed tall. The toque wasn't what I expected and the power delivery wasn't as linear as I had hoped. It also felt really really numb.

• Locked thread