Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The ND is probably going to dunk all over C Street. It might be faster than S2000s around an autocross course depending on the layout and how fast/open it is; however, an S2000 should be marginally quicker than an ND on track. It runs out of go around 100mph or so since it's all about the mid range power and torque.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Road and Track has the fuel cut at 6900rpm in their notes: (link: http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-technology/a25857/testing-the-2016-mazda-miata-less-is-more-quantified/ )

So 6900rpm and 205/45R17 comes out to:
1st 34.2
2nd 58.1
3rd 85.4
4th 109.0
5th 135.1
6th 173.8

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Muffinpox posted:

The twins are designed to be fun to drive and handle well. They're really quick with good tires and respond to modification well because of that, but S2000s are just outright faster cars.

However, if you dare to bring up the fact that stock for stock the 350Z is faster than the S2000 around a race track (not autox), you'll get so much shade thrown at you. It's pretty funny to see in action.

For the record, I like S2000s and have driven both AP1s and AP2s. They're twitchy and unforgiving, but ridiculously fast. (I don't like the shifter though, too vague... Not truck like in the Miata 5 speed)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I didn't feel any positive engagement when putting it in gear, just an extra two seconds of questioning if it went into the right gate.

If you've ever typed on Cherry MX Blues or an old IBM Model M keyboard, you'll know the satisfying clunk at the press of engagement.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Muffinpox posted:

I BET YOU'RE THE ONE WHO DESIGNED THE E36 M3 MANUAL YOU SICK SON OF A BITCH.

God, I wish I were responsible for all of those money shifts.

• Locked thread