Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bsamu
Mar 11, 2006

The BRZ has real tires now and can actually turn. Review v2 to follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bsamu
Mar 11, 2006

Yea, the brake pedal leaves something to be desired. I'm still working on finding the appropriate pressure because it doesn't give a lot of feedback (and I'm bad.)

This year I'm on the old rivals so it's not quite as fast as the bridgestones but obviously still a huge step up from the stock tires. I'm still working on getting more aggressive and going flat out more instead of wimping out and touching the brakes to settle the car. The BRZ is great for inspiring confidence and doesn't really do anything to scare you so it's been a great car to learn autocross in.

As a side note, I drove the above-mentioned sti-swapped 2.5RS and hoo boy if the BRZ that kind of it'd be absurd in a good way.

bsamu
Mar 11, 2006

Will it be a regular feature at autocross events or was this just to see how it fared?

• Locked thread