Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Cat Mattress posted:

No, I accused you of endorsing Nazi crimes by opposing opposition to their policies. You like belittling other people's intellect so I'm not surprised that you wouldn't see the nuance.

The crux of the issue is that you have liberal-minded Muslim women who want not to wear the veil, but are forced to do so, and they want the veil to be banned so that they can get the force of the state on their side; and you have fundie women who want to wear the veil. You take the side of the latter because it's more liberal in your opinion to support fundamentalism. Then you construe a scenario where fundie women will disobey the ban until police intervention is necessary against them. You know what? As long as the police doesn't rape them and then burn them to death, police intervention against veiled women is preferable to mob intervention against bareheaded women.

Banning fundamentalism isn't possible. You can ban objects easily, but you can't ban ideas. If forcing a woman to wear a veil was criminalized while wearing a veil was allowed, then how would you ever know if a woman is wearing a veil out of her own free will or because she was forced to? How are you going to find out? Maybe by arresting her and making her talk? Do you think she'd tell the truth? Or maybe you'd have the police follow her home then raid her house and arrest her whole family? What you say belies that you are entirely disconnected from how the real world works.

Banning the veil is the solution that has been suggested and pushed for by Muslim women. They have not suggested putting their husbands in concentration camps; and I doubt that if they had, they would have had much legal success.

Effectronica posted:

A suggestion: stop saying things that indicate you don't think and only parrot, because it makes it really hard to give you even a modicum of respect.

Note that I am giving you this modicum of respect by refusing, up until now, to point out how your arguments are built around using people as shields. It's not me, it's someone else, I'm just the messenger, you say implicitly. Well, I'm all for shooting messengers.

You can exterminate ideas, by exterminating the people who hold them. This is an evil thing to do, not an impossible thing.

Now, you take the position that wearing the veil is determinant. If you wear it of your own free will, you hate gays, democracy, and yourself. This basically sums up why the niqab bans will only make the situation worse, besides their grotesque immorality. Because they take the jihadi view that the West is incompatible with Islam, and seeks to dictate what Islam is and is not, what is allowable and what is not, and says that it's all true.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Enlightenment was once used to justify genocide so good choice of words there. :allears:

Sinestro posted:

What the gently caress point is this even making?

Sinestro posted:

No, I was specifically commenting on the stupidity of SedanChair unironically endorsing someone's over the top exaggeration of his already dumb slippery slope argument.

SedanChair posted:

It's all about never giving the evidence, isn't it? I mean if you gave evidence that you wanted to wipe out the Islamic faith, that would give the game away. The idea is to appear very Western, progressive and concerned with women's rights.

Sinestro posted:

Are you trolling? There is no point to even engage with someone who argues based on what opinions their opponents are secretly hiding.

You secretly believe that any who is left-handed should be gunned down in the street. I mean, if you gave evidence of that, it would give the game away.

Effectronica posted:

If you really cared about women's rights, you wouldn't be focused on restricting them, or on persecuting the people you believe to be victims. Your words do not match your beliefs.

SedanChair posted:

Really? After all, most Republicans discussing immigration policy manage to cover themselves with at least a fig leaf of being concerned with something other than having too many nonwhites in America. Yet we all, not being deaf and blind, manage to understand their true intentions.

Tesseraction posted:

Done. Checkmate, atheists. :c00lbert:

Tesseraction posted:

Don't be ridiculous. Remember when we started the War on Drugs? Solved that poo poo forever.

Also the War on Terrorism.

They followed on the success of the War on Poverty.

Effectronica posted:

Well, then, just ban homeschooling, with proper grandfather clauses and letter-but-not-the-spirit stuff to ensure that nobody other than Muslims actually is affected. Bazinga!

Tesseraction posted:

way to misspell benghazi

Effectronica posted:

What, the woman is locked in the house, so the police come in and shoot her? I don't see where the "hammer" (obviously your dick, since you told me to psychoanalyze you earlier) comes down on the people holding her captive, if this is derived from a niqab ban. So I guess you just want to figuratively cockslap Muslim women that have been abused by their families and associates. Maybe you want to literally do it too.

Sinestro posted:

This is literally your argument.

Effectronica posted:

You're really loving stupid, and I'll throw a party when you die.

TEAYCHES posted:

didnt sedanchair pretend to be black or whatever lmao

These are all terrible posts in their own special ways

• Locked thread