Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Now that Ecco is not op can we be open with how much we hate her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I have arrived

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Kumbamontu posted:

I have arrived

Kumba can you rank the Shymalan movies? I've never seen any of them. I know the 6th sense twist.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Mar 27, 2020

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Little Mac posted:

Now that Ecco is not op can we be open with how much we hate her?

I heard Ecco killed a man in cold blood

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Hello all!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I like Ecco in spite of himself

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tbc his spite is what builds our friendship

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

I'm eating ribs and pork loin and wishing I had pineapple pizza.

I am having teriyaki steak and cheesy vegetables and man it's pretty drat good.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

BottleKnight posted:

Kumba can you rank the Shymalan movies? I've never seen any of them. I know the 6th sense twist.

1. Unbreakable
2. Sixth Sense
3. Devil
4. Lady in the Water
5. Signs
6. The Happening
Haven't seen:

The Visit
After Earth
The Last Airbender
Wide Awake
11. The Village

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I just had a bloody rare ribeye steak, an ear of corn on the cob, and buttered whole wheat bread with a glass of blueberry wine. Happy 4th.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is a pretty wacky website
http://stopmasturbationnow.org/

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kumbamontu posted:

1. Unbreakable
2. Sixth Sense
3. Devil
4. Lady in the Water
5. Signs
6. The Happening
Haven't seen:

The Visit
After Earth
The Last Airbender
Wide Awake
11. The Village

Kumba, you are now my favorite person for finding Unbreakable the best, because it is.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Kumbamontu posted:

The Last Airbender
I can attest that it is actually as bad if not worse than everyone says it is. I would say The Village is better.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
What the poo poo Lana, way to close the thread.

I'm on your mafia map thing now. Also whoever was asking about pre-apocalypse stuff, check out Miracle Mile.

I like post apocalypse though. I like Book of Eli and the Road for movies. For books, I like On the Beach, Level 7, and Warday.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Wheee new thread.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Ground floor ahoy. All aboard for trash island.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

JK Mafia, I love you never change.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Kumbamontu posted:

1. The Happening
2. The Happening
3. The Happening
4. The Happening
5. The Happening
6. The Happening

I've done it before, but I will argue for the glory of The Happening as the best comedy released that year.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

What the poo poo Lana, way to close the thread.

I'm on your mafia map thing now. Also whoever was asking about pre-apocalypse stuff, check out Miracle Mile.

I like post apocalypse though. I like Book of Eli and the Road for movies. For books, I like On the Beach, Level 7, and Warday.

I saw the movie The Road and while it was pretty good, I was annoyed that we never found out why it was like that. It's the ultimate "we skipped the process" I was talking about. I imagine reading the book would annoy me more. I know that some people really like it for partially that reason, but it skips the most interesting part.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

One day this kingdom will be mine.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I feel like a whole new person.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

One day this kingdom will be mine.

In 1000 pages!

Start posting.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Asiina is my master now.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

Asiina is my master now.

Don't make it weird!

I was talking to goons in the dota chat while waiting for a game and it's amazing how many people actually legitimately believe that they lose most of the time because matchmaking is biased against them.

EDIT:

:(

Asiina fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 5, 2015

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Asiina posted:

Don't make it weird!

I was being very serious.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Asiina posted:

I saw the movie The Road and while it was pretty good, I was annoyed that we never found out why it was like that. It's the ultimate "we skipped the process" I was talking about. I imagine reading the book would annoy me more. I know that some people really like it for partially that reason, but it skips the most interesting part.

no no no no

because it's not really about the post-apocalyptic world and it's far from the "most interesting" thing about the story. This is why The Road should not have been a movie, Cormac McCarthy in general is borderline unfilmable because the magic is in his use of language and the only way to really truly get that across in film would be to have some loud rear end narrator waxing poetic through all the amazing tense open space in his work. The Counselor worked as a movie because it was written to be a movie, and even that had some serious cuts made from the original screenplay. This is why there are like seven or eight directors who want to helm Blood Meridian but it never gets off the ground. Some books should stay books.

Apart from that, though, The Road is not a book about a crazy post-apocalyptic cross continental trip. It's a book that is primarily about fatherhood, and the majority of the book is spent watching the main character try to shield the boy from everything pertaining to whatever cataclysm has happened. He tries to protect him from even the knowledge of certain things -- "what you put in your mind is there to stay forever" -- that's reason number one you don't hear anything about WHY the world is breaking down, because it's not going to come up in conversation with the boy, and with the exception of the flashback to his wife's death, you are pretty much stuck watching dude in real time, just trying to survive, there's no room for exposition. And that's reason number two -- whatever ended the world is irrelevant. The only thing that matters to this man is keeping the boy alive. How and why are beside the point now. The point is survival and it's a book about survival and it doesn't matter why you have to survive anymore. More setting exposition would totally remove the nuance of the man's story.

TLDR read the book and then read Blood Meridian and then read Suttree and yeah basically just read everything by Cormac McCarthy and see if your views on literature and the world in general change.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
So who is going to put up a banner for the new thread? There's almost nothing in rotation right now.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Asiina posted:

Don't make it weird!

I was talking to goons in the dota chat while waiting for a game and it's amazing how many people actually legitimately believe that they lose most of the time because matchmaking is biased against them.

EDIT:

:(

dunning-kruger.png

I used to have a friend who played LoL stuck at like Bronze III and when I asked him where he should be ranked he said "at LEAST Gold III"

(Gold in LoL is like 90th percentile of all players)

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

LET"S BUZZFEED THIS THREAD UP!

uranus posted:

Please be Nixon

hmmmmm.....

actually, i see you as taft. i say this because he was pretty cool and laid back. also, he became a supreme court justice! he is the only us president to serve on the supreme court. please enjoy this political cartoon about taft.

[/url]

Max posted:

I hope you get it right.

you are james madison.

you generally make very good arguments and are a pretty good player in games. much like madison, however, you were able to subvert the town undetected in Omnis Divisia. that was a very good game for scum and you turned us all into john adams.

CCKeane posted:

Yes, let's buzzfeed this thread up immediately.

you are martin van buren, an unconventional president who (may have) coined the phrase "ok" as part of his election campaign. he also kept two tiger cubs as pets while president.

god drat it..... i suddenly feel really sad.

you are theodore roosevelt, about to murder me with a brick.

(i am so sorry)

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jul 5, 2015

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

If you are someone interested in running a setup by an experienced set of eyes, feel free to message any of the following mafia players, who have in the past been more than willing to offer advice and guidance:

- idk pig?

Always!

Hello new mafia discussion thread and happy American Independence day!

I have had many Iced teas and eaten sausages and burgers and many different types of dips and chips.

I also had a fantastic war of those little exploding snap pops with the several children in attendance.

Now I am going to have more Iced tea and relax a few minutes before bed.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

ya'll forgot to link our Steam group

it's http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SA_WIFOM

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

God, another new thread? Didn't we just have one like two years ago?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
moba chat is usually super toxic, i tend to stay away from it

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Good games:

Bad games:
HOTS
Dota 2
LoL
Smite

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

imgay posted:

we wouldn't want you anyways, you loving noob faillord hope ur mum gets DICK CANCER oh my GOD look at your MAP *pings a spot you can't reach in less than two minutes like a thousand times* I'M BEST SHITHEAD NA AND IF YOU WOULD GROUP UP AASJKAGHDSFGHUIDSGHAS

(my anxiety keeps me from really enjoying MOBAs anymore)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
- Gone Home
- Stanley Parable
- Sunless Sea

:regd08:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

imgay posted:

:-( sorry

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

- Gone Home
- Stanley Parable
- Sunless Sea

:regd08:

I agree. Though I still need to buy Sunless Sea. I will do so soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
My roommate is out of town visiting his family, and his dog is in the front yard slowly but surely trying to dig his way through the wall and into the house. He really does not like fireworks.

I'd let him in, but he's huge, not super friendly (although not a dick either), and I have guests.