Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
The OP reminded me of a couple of things I want answered!

1. Is there a story behind :henget: or is it just funny to you guys for no reason?

2. Why do you guys randomly post pictures of characters from chrono cross sometimes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

1. Is there a story behind :henget: or is it just funny to you guys for no reason?

2. Why do you guys randomly post pictures of characters from chrono cross sometimes?

:greenangel:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

god drat it

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

1) I believe I already addressed that in the FAQ please read the OP.

2)

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Asiina posted:

1) I believe I already addressed that in the FAQ please read the OP.

2)

:smugmrgw:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Okey then O_o

Hope everyone had a happy 4th unless you're a dirty foreigner or something

e: This thread was made on the 4th of July due to Canadian Insecurities About The Utter Superiority Of America Over Their Country

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Okey then O_o

Hope everyone had a happy 4th unless you're a dirty foreigner or something

e: This thread was made on the 4th of July due to Canadian Insecurities About The Utter Superiority Of America Over Their Country

This thread was made on the 4th of July to celebrate my birthday. The fact that it also happens to be 'Murica's birthday is inconsequential. Asiina was celebrating my relatively recent entrance into the community.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Mar 27, 2020

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

imgay posted:

mobas are usually super toxic

ftfy

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Aw man, I missed being told which president I am.... :smith:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TheRagamuffin posted:

Aw man, I missed being told which president I am.... :smith:

You seem like an Andrew Johnson to me.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

You seem like an Andrew Johnson to me.

Sounds about right.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i missed someone other than me talking about netrunner.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
what is this tag? i'm very angry and also resistant to change.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
how did john oliver end up voicing a character on gravity falls? what series of events led to that transpiring?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Mar 27, 2020

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
last post i won at splendor tonight but i think i used a strategy that was ultimately predicated on a certain amount of luck so i probably didn't deserve to.

i think i'm going to run a few newbie games. i should just post a thread and figure the rest out later. how did the coaching system work out last time it was used?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EccoRaven posted:

woah spoilers I only just got to the freaky friday episode.

it was in headhunters. which, you know, not a great episode really.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
nevermind, headhunters is pretty funny. it's just hard to rewatch old episodes.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Somberbrero posted:

it was in headhunters. which, you know, not a great episode really.

Oh he was Sherlock Holmes, cool.

I like Gravity Falls but more so than the other "shows for children that adults watch" it seems definitely on the "for children" side of things. I'm sure that's mostly a Disney thing though.

I like the ciphers at the end of each episode, too, they're easy but also fun.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EccoRaven posted:

Oh he was Sherlock Holmes, cool.

I like Gravity Falls but more so than the other "shows for children that adults watch" it seems definitely on the "for children" side of things. I'm sure that's mostly a Disney thing though.

I like the ciphers at the end of each episode, too, they're easy but also fun.

well yeah out of like

gravity falls
steven universe
otgw
adventure time

i would definitely agree with that. i'm not sure entirely how much that says though.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
hello new thread, how's it going?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Mar 27, 2020

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I saw this last night http://wonder.land it was good and not what I was expecting and hit a little close to home

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

EccoRaven posted:

I'm supposed to get brunch with a friend in a few hours but I can't sleep and Damien Rice is singing my emotions so I'm thinking I'll just get 30 minutes and then nap during the afternoon.

How are you Punt-if-icat-ion?

I'm pretty ok, had one of the potential leaders of the opposition come stay at my house yesterday, which was pretty surreal, but mostly I'm not really doing anything but waiting until I move, in September, so things are really kinda dull atm especially cos when I'm at a loose end I tend to become the least productive I possibly can be.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Asiina posted:

I'll join this later and play nothing but Canadian songs.

Nickelback?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Rolling staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
alrighty then

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
Any games open?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Somberbrero posted:

well yeah out of like

gravity falls
steven universe
otgw
adventure time

i would definitely agree with that. i'm not sure entirely how much that says though.

Everyone always ignores Phineas & Ferb in lists like that, and on one hand I get it because it's solidly on the kiddie side of the line, but it is legit one of my favorite shows. The writing is really clever, super catchy songs in like every episode, and the way it plays with its own formula, every episode becomes a series of in-jokes that you start picking up after you've seen it a few times.

The threshold between "yeah it's cute but I don't think it's my thing" and "poo poo, this show is actually really hilarious" seems to be around four episodes.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

EccoRaven posted:

- Gone Home
- Stanley Parable
- Sunless Sea

:regd08:

I haven't played Gone Home or Sunless Sea but I will say that Stanley Parable isn't a game, more of an interactive and extremely boring loving movie - I made it about 20 minutes in before blocking the friend who recommended it and cursing the time wasted pirating the piece of poo poo.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Kleedrac posted:

I haven't played Gone Home or Sunless Sea but I will say that Stanley Parable isn't a game, more of an interactive and extremely boring loving movie - I made it about 20 minutes in before blocking the friend who recommended it and cursing the time wasted pirating the piece of poo poo.

congratulations, you fell for ecco's argument trap

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

My favorite kids show is the Amazing World of Gumball. The animation owns and the humor is pretty much all right up my alley. It reminds me of my time spent watching Ed, Edd & Eddy.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

last night I was talking to bottleknight but apparently I went to far and offended him because he stopped talking to me

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

BottleKnight posted:

My favorite kids show is the Amazing World of Gumball. The animation owns and the humor is pretty much all right up my alley. It reminds me of my time spent watching Ed, Edd & Eddy.

I thought Gumball was gonna be stupid when I first saw my niece watching it but man, that show is amazing.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

last night I was talking to bottleknight but apparently I went to far and offended him because he stopped talking to me

Nah I didn't see your messages until this morning. I get pulled away from the computer a lot. Don't take it personally!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Little Mac posted:

I thought Gumball was gonna be stupid when I first saw my niece watching it but man, that show is amazing.

I could watch it muted and my eyes would still be pleased! The diverse animation is honestly incredible.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kleedrac posted:

I haven't played Gone Home or Sunless Sea but I will say that Stanley Parable isn't a game,

Do you think it's art though?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Games are universally not art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
more like fart lol am i rite