Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I've never played Netrunner. Sell me on it.

Also modern art is bad. All of it. Whenever people ask me why I dislike modern art I show them this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9lmvX00TLY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Why not just use jinteki.net though? The lag issue has been fixed and I bellieve almost everything has been implemented.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Counterpoint: modern art is actually good. Like all art forms there are better and worse examples slash artists.

Nobody says painting is bad because of Kinkade.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
YEAH ART!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

EccoRaven posted:

Counterpoint: modern art is actually good. Like all art forms there are better and worse examples slash artists.

Nobody says painting is bad because of Kinkade.

I agree with this post.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kinkade is pretty dece

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Little Mac posted:

netrunner is asymmetrical hacker-poker.

players take turn playing a corporation and a hacker. it's almost like capture the flag to magic's deathmatch. the hacker/runner is trying to steal various project and agenda cards while the corporation is trying to advance and develop those cards, setting up various network defense programs while the runner installs hacking programs that can break those defenses. in the end the runner can always get through so the corporation has to stay ahead of them, but if the runner gets reckless the corporation can just demolish their city block or destroy their connection to the network using illegal brain damaging tools.

that's probably too many words but it's one of the tensest games i've ever played. bluffing and reading your opponent are very important.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

Why not just use jinteki.net though? The lag issue has been fixed and I bellieve almost everything has been implemented.

because i only found out about it now :D

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Little Mac posted:

it's a game with a wonderfully macabre sense of humor in the context of mega corporations ruling the world

it's incredibly inclusive in its art of every type of person (shape/color/body modifications)

the community is great and it's constantly updated on a (near?) monthly basis

and the 'foil' system between different classes of cards is ridiculously well balanced.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

Is this free?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

it's a game with a wonderfully macabre sense of humor in the context of mega corporations ruling the world

it's incredibly inclusive in its art of every type of person (shape/color/body modifications)

the community is great and it's constantly updated on a (near?) monthly basis

and the 'foil' system between different classes of cards is ridiculously well balanced.

the fact that the core set is still incredibly useful after two(three?) years of datapacks is so impressive from a game design perspective.

also that you can buy every single netrunner card for less than the cost of a competitive magic deck.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

Is this free?

yeah.

I have an hour if anyone wants to go through a game.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Somberbrero posted:

the fact that the core set is still incredibly useful after two(three?) years of datapacks is so impressive from a game design perspective.

also that you can buy every single netrunner card for less than the cost of a competitive magic deck.

I love netrunner, but there's no community for it here. I will be spending a lot of time on jinteki in the near future (like, tomorrow. Today is my Friday)

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Somberbrero posted:

yeah.

I have an hour if anyone wants to go through a game.

I wanna go through it, send me a Facebook message -- I'm throwing some tapioca pudding on the stove and will have at least an hour where I just need to stir it every couple minutes.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Mar 27, 2020

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Netrunner looks cool and sounds cool but it's only two players? Laaaame

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
i am published, you can cite me too

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Same.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Little Mac posted:

Netrunner looks cool and sounds cool but it's only two players? Laaaame
some games are just meant to be a duel

I really want to learn to play but if I learn I know I'd want to buy it and I'm broke

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
what do you write assina

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Puns are good and funny.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

uranus posted:

what do you write assina

Education and Psychology articles.

My first publication was a government report though and publicly available.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
you work for... THE GOVERMENT

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
if anyone here is a true american but isn't watching the our soccer team destroying Japan in the women's world cup final, I question how true your americanism is.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm making rack of lamb tonight.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

EccoRaven posted:

if anyone here is a true american but isn't watching the our soccer team destroying Japan in the women's world cup final, I question how true your americanism is.

All nationalism is stupid and divisive. World sports is just televised nationalism.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

uranus posted:

unless god is some neckbeard looking over the simulation we're living in. that would make sense

It's just a goon playing the sims. The powers we wield...

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i'm at work. is there a stream that isnt some stupid amount of money

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

All nationalism is stupid and divisive. World sports is just televised nationalism.

Yeah, but you should be watching the football anyway and just not outright support either team. Holy poo poo, a hattrick in 16 minutes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

uranus posted:

you work for... THE GOVERMENT

I used to!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

uranus posted:

i'm at work. is there a stream that isnt some stupid amount of money

google.com probably has one.

ok don't cut yourself on that edge there

Amoeba102 posted:

Holy poo poo, a hattrick in 16 minutes.
"first half onslaught" is what Fox Sports just called it.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

uranus posted:

i had a similar problem in highschool when trying to get my creative writing teacher to explain what 'poetry' was. it seems to me that poetry is more about the positioning of the words than the words themselves. if you ramble on for a paragraph, its not a poem. but if you take that same paragraph and space it out into lines between 1-10 words in length, then its a poem.

maybe art is the same way, except instead of aranging words into lines, you have to put the item in a gallery, or put a frame around it. poof, art

You might enjoy the poems of e. e. cummings. He's a pretty non-conventional poet and his work often stretches the limitations of his medium. The way he plays with syntax and formatting can be very cool.

Take, for example, The Sky Was.

ummmmmmmm, excuse me but nationalism can often act as an important tool for new and developing states. it helps organize large groups of people and stabilize society until institutions are established and universally accepted.

also sporting events are cool and fun.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The rack of lamb was good.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
netrunner story: I had a friend running against a server with four unrezzed ICE guarding an agenda that would win him the game, but he had no clue what it was and earlier I had bluffed him quite a bit; he eventually won but it was such a delightfully tense nailbiter moment that it cemented the game for us

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The ladies saved the entirety of their offensive skill for today lol

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

QuoProQuid posted:

ummmmmmmm, excuse me but nationalism can often act as an important tool for new and developing states. it helps organize large groups of people and stabilize society until institutions are established and universally accepted.

also sporting events are cool and fun.

:godwin:

I think I just don't care for World Cups/Olympics/other things of that nature. The internet has made the world much smaller, yet I still don't really care what happens in the world outside of New England. I'm not a flag waver and too often people use lines on a map to justify horrible things.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

:godwin:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Hello new thread.

I had lunch a couple of days ago with a friend and now have a lovely cold.

last year i had lunch with same friend and we both got the death flu. I think we are cursed.

Also Peter Molyneux Mafia is coming very soon!!!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i need a mafia game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

JakeP posted:

i need a mafia game

JJ's game needed a replacement a few days ago.