Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
That sounds hilarious, I would play.

I used to play with real live humans in the city but now I travel every weekend.

Also Starcraft 2 has an excellent mafia mod so I played that many dozens of times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

I need yet another replacement for Drawrof Mafia. We'll be starting Day 2 soon.

Read through the thread, I'll do it.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
No doctors, should be fun!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Allen Wren posted:

Mongoloid actually refers to people with Downs Syndrome, so it's racist and ableist. Yes I'm going to say that unironically, get hosed if you want to start poo poo over that.

It's also a DEVO track with a killer riff but somewhat-embarrassing lyrics.

Apparently it was used to describe the pathology of Downs syndrome as an actual medical term. Just like idiot, imbecile, and moron were medical terms to describe people with varying degrees of mental disability.

Yes, it's not an appropriate word to use and I wouldn't condone it, but that's how this works. The word is used medically, gets picked up by laymen and used as an insult, then can no longer be used medically because of the negative connotation, so the medical community has to find new words to describe medical conditions.

Technically calling someone an "idiot" should be offensive to people with profound mental disability, but nobody gives a gently caress anymore.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

PBS Newshour posted:

a lot of people do, and a lot of people hate "crazy" now

This is why I don't really understand the PC movement. The only reason to be offended by a word is if it's true, and if it's true then you should own it. Having people point out your weaknesses shouldn't prompt you to scream at them for discriminating against you, rather it should present an opportunity for you to address how you feel about the label.

Then again, people are pretty loving weak and pathetic sometimes.

God, being a misanthrope feels good.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I think this loses some impact when the etymology for mongoloid in reference to downs is that "they look like mongolians" and in the 60s they stopped using it because it was too racist for even that period of time

Oh, it's racist as hell, I'm not denying that. I'm just pointing out that it's just words, and if you call someone an idiot, moron, or imbecile it should be offensive for the same reasons.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

BottleKnight posted:

Hello Adahn, I have never seen you post before and I am just curious if you are new or a namechange.

I've never changed my name.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

It only hurts you if you let it.

I sent myself a PM so I don't have to read the "You don't have any private messages (Because nobody likes you)." message from having an empty inbox.

I can't ever click it.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Li Dawny posted:

Why don't you just not delete the role PMs?

I don't delete them, that's the thing that sits there if you have no unread private messages. So I sent myself a private message to never read.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Editor

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Professional punctuation remover?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

anybody here have experience with airbnb?

Hosting or staying?

In response, a little of both.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

Quote this and ill do the thing

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

I don't want to do that, I'd lose at not getting last place.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

chaoslord posted:

The Euros are starting today :toot: quote this post to be assigned one of the teams from the tournament and if your team wins maybe you'll get a prize

I don't know what that is but free prize?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

I thought it was a forums game, but it's that foreign thing they call football but it's not football but they get very excited about it over there.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/jun/10/euro-2016-north-american-fans-team-selection

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

MG3 posted:

I just crushed my index finger between a ribbed pulley and a belt. I was checking the belts tightness after I had just tightened it. My finger got crushed and the only way to get it out way to complete the revolution of the pulley. When my finger broke free of the pulley it had crazy indentations. I've been icing it since and I didn't break it but I think my nail is going bye bye.

It coulda been worse though, coulda lost my finger.

I like the way you related the sequence of events. I kind of handle other people being in sticky situations the same way.

"Let's just get that animal's teeth off of your hand without causing more damage and be on our way."

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
It's a mafia game in GBS.

Blame Glowku

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'm not sure how I navigated to the game room, but I did. I think I only ever stumble upon it accidentally when on my phone.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Li Dawny posted:

Do you use SA in browser or an app?

App, that's a good point I could just use chrome.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I guess go read it yourselves!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

what is amiibo

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

thank you I googled it like a normal human would but I still didn't understand

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Paranoid Dude posted:

Amiibo are an addiction that will slowly drain your bank account twelve dollars at a time until you have nothing left.

is it catching?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

PBS Newshour posted:

we heard you make this joke the first time

You say that as if it's not funnier this time

monster

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Amoeba102 posted:

PBS you're the one who wants a statue of me, whatever.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Pinterest Mom posted:

What's a thing to do on New York on a Friday night. Assume I lost the Hamilton lottery.

Sit in your tiny hovel of an apartment and order takeout.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Anyone else ever play Mafia with the CEO of Vimbly? I half-wonder if I played with any IRL goons.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

im gonna buy a buick verano everyone feel free to lol at me and quidnose promise you wont send god to destroy my car

so dongs why did you decide to go with the wrong car

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i really like it

god wont destroy your car he already punished you by making you like the wrong one

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

busb posted:

Don't get a car, save the great barrier reef pls

My GF has a Tesla

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

can someone join scumbo blues already

I thought it was full

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Haha I like that game, I think I have it on my phone.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

busb posted:

witcher 3, xcom 2

everything else is p bad.

I love xcom2

But I beat it once on normal Ironman or whatever and never again

There are achievements but they look as easy as carving your eyeballs out of the sockets with rusty razorblades

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

If one were to visit the Higher Pictures Gallery in NYC starting from the 28th through the next 5 weeks, you will see my artwork hanging on the walls. Go, marvel at how people could consider stick figure renditions of famous photographs art and then come back here and talk about how much you hate me.

I don't like to leave my apartment but that is sorely tempting.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

I have my stomach in knots trying to figure out how it's going to be reported on. Like, I don't know how it's going to be received.

Are art critics generally nice?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

I'm not kidding, these are actual stick figure drawings on index cards that are going to be framed and sold. I really have no idea how people outside the photography world are going to read it.

I think the best thing to do is spend more time imagining their reactions. You only have 1 more week and it's best to have all your bases covered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Sounds interesting to me though!