Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Woo! Mafia! Shank 2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm eating ribs and pork loin and wishing I had pineapple pizza.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kumbamontu posted:

I have arrived

Kumba can you rank the Shymalan movies? I've never seen any of them. I know the 6th sense twist.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Asiina is my master now.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Asiina posted:

Don't make it weird!

I was being very serious.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Good games:

Bad games:
HOTS
Dota 2
LoL
Smite

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

- Gone Home
- Stanley Parable
- Sunless Sea

:regd08:

I agree. Though I still need to buy Sunless Sea. I will do so soon!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

The OP reminded me of a couple of things I want answered!

1. Is there a story behind :henget: or is it just funny to you guys for no reason?

2. Why do you guys randomly post pictures of characters from chrono cross sometimes?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Asiina posted:

1) I believe I already addressed that in the FAQ please read the OP.

2)

:smugmrgw:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

My favorite kids show is the Amazing World of Gumball. The animation owns and the humor is pretty much all right up my alley. It reminds me of my time spent watching Ed, Edd & Eddy.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

last night I was talking to bottleknight but apparently I went to far and offended him because he stopped talking to me

Nah I didn't see your messages until this morning. I get pulled away from the computer a lot. Don't take it personally!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Little Mac posted:

I thought Gumball was gonna be stupid when I first saw my niece watching it but man, that show is amazing.

I could watch it muted and my eyes would still be pleased! The diverse animation is honestly incredible.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Saying something isn't art is invalid. It's like seeing some totalitarian country's network propaganda and saying it's not television. I mean, it's not network or cable television which is what we colloquially refer to as TV, but it obviously is still television.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

uranus posted:

if there arent things that are not art, then 'art' becomes a useless word that describes nothing. like 'stuff' or 'things'

yes

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

As in, art is only useful as a term to refer to things that are fundamentally known as art. It is not helpful to filter down between what is and is not art.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

An apple is art

God is master artist

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I don't believe in God but I definitely prefer God as a woman

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

Counterpoint: modern art is actually good. Like all art forms there are better and worse examples slash artists.

Nobody says painting is bad because of Kinkade.

I agree with this post.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

All nationalism is stupid and divisive. World sports is just televised nationalism.

:godwin:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

capps is a cool guy. I miss him. I believe he was the top poster in the last thread.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

You sure it wasn't Mills or I

lol

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm watching Steven Universe on Hulu. It owns.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

RIP Together Breakfast.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Asiina posted:

The West Wing

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Don't worry thread, I, new poster BottleKnight, will make a new chart, and it will be also bad.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

Hey bottle can you check to see Capps is still alive

I texted him for you. And all of us.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

capps text posted:

I AM CURRENTLY WITHOUT INTERNET. Tell taste I say hi

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Can you tell capps I said hi and was sad he didn't mention me

tbf I did tell him that taste specifically asked about his health. I will still tell him this though

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

capps text posted:

I AM FINE. TELL THE DISCUSSION THREAD MY PS3 WENT UNSOLD DUE TO LOSS OF INTERNET.

also that i will return when the mare births a stag, and the hyena chuckles, but not laughs

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

capps text posted:

Tell mmm hi. Tell asiina she is wrong about something. Tell gulag i am coming and i will stop the blood ritual

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

We need a wiki thats private like the one that exists that still had some sort of ability for sa mafia members to sign up in order to edit it, thats the main problem is that for some reason the one we have is unable to take signups for whatever reason.

Wikispaces!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Votefinder is awesome. I am happy at the potential for it to get better.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I have made a new chart for everyone to disagree with.

Emotional does not mean hysterical, and calm does not mean boring. Slytherin does not mean evil, and Hufflepuff does not mean dumb. I did it mostly on feel so I can't really put into words what my thought process was.

I only included people I've interacted with/read enough of so if I missed you maybe I'll update it some day.

I promise I like pretty much all of you so if you don't like your spot don't take it personally!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I always pegged myself for a Ravenclaw but I went through my post history and made a gut call.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

uranus posted:

i'm not as calm as i used to be

yeah man what's going on there

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

I am kind of surprised that I'm generally pegged as calm. I'm not very good at being scum so I often have to resort to emotional pleas or bullying to get anything done. I'm happy though, I've been working on being less of a dickhead.

Yeah when I put your dot down I recalled you talking about why you play mafia, because you like a puzzle to piece through during the day. It made me think you're more calm, chill, surfing through the game and figuring stuff out.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Look Under The Rock posted:

I'm so horribly competitive that I refuse to play games with people I have to look in the eye on a regular basis.

As long as I'm not in a competitive situation, I am Hufflepuff as hell.

If we're playing something even as silly as Go Fish I will get so competitive that you'll hate me for at least a couple hours after. It takes tremendous discipline for me to not just gleefully spank my opponent or cuss a blue streak if I'm losing.

I will also get really obnoxious about game knowledge. The guy who taught me to play ascension went easy the first couple games, I downloaded the app and all the expansions, learned to exploit mechana class and then I beat him seven games in a row and he hasn't played with me since.

lol we have one guy like that at our weekly board game nights, and I routinely try to get him to admit he's still having fun when losing a game. I feel much better about a game if I can lose and still have fun, which is why Coup is still one of my current favorites.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I am now much more okay with getting really into Steven Universe now that I know it was just renewed for a 3rd season. I hate getting into a show right before it's cancelled. Not worth the risk!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

I dunno, I enjoyed Carnivale and I'm okay with the fact that there'll never be another season. I'm often disappointed by finales though. With how slow Steven Universe moves though, it'd be a shame if it ended early.

I've been totally engrossed by Major Lazer and I am not that ashamed about it.

This sounds really general since the entire internet has blown up about this but I really, really liked Firefly when I watched the first season for the first time and even though I'm not irrational about it I'm still pretty not okay with the lack of a second season. I've been thinking for years that it would be a no-brainer for Netflix or someone to bring it back but at this point even that would be difficult after 12 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

How does a reaver clean his harpoon?

He puts it through the wash.

:unsmigghh: