Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Hello new thread.

I had lunch a couple of days ago with a friend and now have a lovely cold.

last year i had lunch with same friend and we both got the death flu. I think we are cursed.

Also Peter Molyneux Mafia is coming very soon!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Graph is not a pie chart, immediately lost my interest.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I'll be the scrote razor burn

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
hmm seems fair

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
for a self proclaimed intellectual your ability to read the post above yours is not very good

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i should be slytherin this is an outraaaaage

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
plastic notes are where it's at. none of this manky paper nonsense. What are americans going to do when all that paper decomposes???? I will have my 5 dollarydoos for hundreds of thousands of years

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

TMMadman posted:

Is the plastic money Australian?

I saw some Australian money a while ago and it was actually pretty drat cool looking. Plus, it was kind of neat that the different denominations were different sizes.

Yeas. And yeah they're all slightly different sizes, one of the only considerations for blind people we've taken.

They're all different colours too

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
if you're putting the most powerful reflections of america on your notes, make sure you include the NRA 100 dollar bill

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Amoeba102 posted:

None. We replaced it with Stingrays.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Amoeba102 posted:

For one, I'm not working in my field. Other than that, it's not engaging and kind of infuriating at times - despite the workplace in general being pretty great.

i just got a new job today! what is your field?

also when are we doing our syd meetup

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
wasn't there another person or two as well? i forget.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Somberbrero posted:

Hey 'Strayans, I'm planning a roleplaying game set in Australia and I'm looking for all I can find in terms of spooky, mystical, or otherwise culturally significant spaces.

read up on some indigenous mythology for inspiration.

Also there are some crackpot theories that Alexander the Great was buried in WA so you should def weave that in.

spooky: the ghosts of Tasmanian natives because the brits slaughtered them all
the Mutiny on the Bounty gets a lot of airtime: it was sort of interesting i guess
mystical: uhhh, billabongs, and the bunyips that inhabit them
culturally significant: the T.A.B.?
Eureka Stockade
the Rum Rebellion
Gallipoli

busb fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 11, 2015

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

CCKeane posted:

Busb's farts are in Australia, and they are very scary IMO.

Amoeba102 posted:

The return of Harold Holt.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Australia is home to a man who eats onions like they're apples.

All of these are true

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

bowmore posted:

honestly Somber a Mad Max theme would be much more interesting than anything else

unaustralian

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
it still cracks me up that people literally say dang instead of drat, or buddy instead of oval office

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Hi Jupiter Ascending was totally awful and a Bad Movie

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
100yrs have you been to La Grand Crèmerie?

I went there my last night in Paris on a friend's recommendation, and the cheese was fantastic!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
John Butler - a cool australian who threw off the yoke of the United NRA States

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
There is nothing good about winter, Keane is just trolling you all again

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

bowmore posted:

I don't like Sandra Bullock as an actress

Please tell me you like Sam Simmons too. Then we can finally bond over something.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Why bother looking good in clothes when you can look good when you post on the Something Awful PbP Subforum, like resident cool person CCKeane or busb

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I regret to inform the thread that due to an unfortunate case of employment both Civ3 and Peter Molyneux Mafia are going to be delayed somewhat.

Rest assured that we are working incredibly hard to generate the beat possible procedural argument experience ever conceived.

Also diqs what is my number.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Diqs you didn't give me a sweet number so you are dead to me.

My swear name is "cuntface" BTW but only my parents call me that.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Accurate.

Quote this post and I will tell you what piece of grammar or punctuation you are from this report I'm editing that is used incorrectly.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
You are "random capital letter in the middle of a sentence". You stick out like a sore thumb by randomly placing importance on stuff that is mundane.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
(See: dodgeball)

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
You are "comprises of" you think you are really clever using such a big phrase but you are wrong all the time. About everything.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Bonus round!

Quidnose: you are the use of a hyphen instead of an en dash. You are generally inoffensive but every so often will crop up with a huge steaming turd and i wonder what the gently caress you were even thinking.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Grammartize me.

You are "in close proximity to". You are a more verbose way of saying something really simple just to get more words out into the world.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It's one of the few infinite resources we have. Might as well use them.

I'm sure no one would be surprised to find out that one of my favorite chapter's in Through the Looking Glass, the Alice books being some of my favorite books ever, is the Humpty Dumpty one.

I take it back. You are now: "the use of an apostrophe to denote a plural"

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Bien sūr, mon ami

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Magnus Gallant posted:

I am a grammar

You are "imperial measurements in technical papers", while not technically incorrect, you are a product of a bygone era and it makes you unintelligible 99℅ of the time. You are lovingly irritating the other 1% of the time.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Also, also, it was my birthday the other day.

Happy bday. Hey when did you mention you were going to be in Syd? I forget

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

fiery_valkyrie posted:

October, Labour Day long weekend.

Oh that's ages away I will forget again before then.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

You are "ellipsis with random number of fullstops". You are basically so lazy and careless that whenever you want to indicate something continues to go on, you just mash the fullstop key anywhere between 1 and 6 times, but never the correct 3 times without spaces in between. You are also a oval office because you blend into the text a lot, especially when in italics.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

EXAKT Science posted:

also busb I just realized that you have a ridiculous dangling modifier in the post we all quoted. In context, it's very funny.

You are the inability to recognise the medium you are writing in. You trot along going "ooh look at that split infinitive what a moooron" before you realise you were actually posting about your sadbrains on tumblr instead of a paper on how to successfully completed and slavery by calling people meanies.

Both were bad ideas fyi

Friday nights own BTW.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

merk posted:

Please delete pages 109-110.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Ernie. posted:

I ran the math and we can't delete Page -1, busb.

if ctrl numpad minus worked in browser you can believe i would have en dashed that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Anyone that enjoys a final fantasy game deserves scorn and/or death. Gas this thread imo