Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
What the poo poo Lana, way to close the thread.

I'm on your mafia map thing now. Also whoever was asking about pre-apocalypse stuff, check out Miracle Mile.

I like post apocalypse though. I like Book of Eli and the Road for movies. For books, I like On the Beach, Level 7, and Warday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
Any games open?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

merk posted:

The debate of whether something is or is not art is simply answered with a more important question: Who cares?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

if anyone here is a true american but isn't watching the our soccer team destroying Japan in the women's world cup final, I question how true your americanism is.

All nationalism is stupid and divisive. World sports is just televised nationalism.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

ummmmmmmm, excuse me but nationalism can often act as an important tool for new and developing states. it helps organize large groups of people and stabilize society until institutions are established and universally accepted.

also sporting events are cool and fun.

:godwin:

I think I just don't care for World Cups/Olympics/other things of that nature. The internet has made the world much smaller, yet I still don't really care what happens in the world outside of New England. I'm not a flag waver and too often people use lines on a map to justify horrible things.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

CCKeane posted:

I am going to make a chart of mafia players.

It will just be an arrangement of dots on the shape of a phallus.

Dibs as tip.

e;fb

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Whatever you do, don't precipitate in this. Then you'll no longer be part of the solution.

:itisachemjoke:

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

I love that I'm like Riddle in that I'm thiiiiis close to being a Gryff.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

i meant more like a player draft. I'm thinking about how the particulars would work.

With the 1st overall pick of the 2015 Mafia draft, the New England Patriots select... merk

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Awesome flavor text

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

Quote this post and tell me the last song you listened to with a brief description of how you feel about it, and I will tell you what your Victorian household servant position would have been.

"Don't Think Twice, It's Alright" by Bob Dylan, and it reminds me of my previous relationship, sooo resigned, I guess?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

Groundskeeper

Yeah ok.

Red: [narrating] It was outdoor detail, and May is one drat fine month to be working outdoors.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

TMMadman posted:

Rapid Roy (The Stock Car Boy) - Jim Croce. It made me smile and I always sing along to it because it's fun and upbeat and a little silly.

Nice pick.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

BottleKnight posted:

In Too Deep by Sum 41. It made me feel awesome because Sum 41 owns.

Hey 2001 called, they want their lovely skater rock album back.

I owned this album.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

BottleKnight posted:

Also I am very nostalgic for skater-bro culture, I never owned a skateboard myself but it was a pretty big part of that era & my childhood, as consumerist and fake-outragey as it was.

This, but Linkin Park and a straight razor in place of a skateboard.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

TMMadman posted:

Also 'Time in a Bottle' was such a perfect song for that Quicksilver scene in X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Time is ok, my favorite is I Got a Name. Best use I've seen is in Django Unchained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN_y8rzaCG8

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

BottleKnight posted:

We should put rotating people on US currency. The fact that Ulysses S. Grant and Andrew loving Jackson are still on our money is ridiculous anyways. There is no reason we should only get rid of Hamilton, a dude who loved the federal gov't and pushed hard for a national currency! First secretary of the treasury! Jesus.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

sign up to be a replacement in my big game! I'll probably need one sooner than I think, AND it's a great way to say "yeah I played an ecco game once *shows scars*"

SIB scars

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

I don't like musical theater because [reasons].

Not a homophobe though, I actually helped gather signatures to bring marriage equality to Maine via ballot.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

conversely, the south will rise again

Quote this post and I'll tell you which hockey player you are

Orr

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

To the players of Lady Clarent's Calamity: thanks for 50 great games.
Hey you're welcome. You modded my first game as well so there's that too.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

BottleKnight posted:

I like Pepsi better. But diet dr. pepper and RC cola are the best.
Jesus. May as well drink cat piss.
Never tried RC.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

I like movies, I don't care if they're not well-liked by others, mine is the only opinion that counts to me.

If I had to pick out 5 from the top of my head:

About Schmidt (last one to make me cry)
Bullitt
Django Unchained
Forrest Gump
Flight of the Phoenix (original)

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

I am a Boston sports fan who hates other Boston sports fans because they are crazy assholes. I am married to a psychotic Boston sports fan.

On an unrelated note, how do I tie a noose?

Edit: she also does the toilet paper all wrong and backwards like some kind of heathen.

Relationship problems itt

WHICH WAY MADNESS fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jul 18, 2015

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

I wish you all would clam up.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Look Under The Rock posted:

Okay Mafia thread, give me your top five albums. I'll start

Ugh...

Radiohead - OK Computer
Pink Floyd - Meddle
Tool - Lateralus
Coldplay - Parachutes
Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy

Runners up:
Neil Young - Harvest
CSNY - Deja Vu

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

I think people have me on ignore :tinfoil:

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

The Carpet Shark posted:

do you have a last.fm account

I haven't touched it in forever and ever

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Hello to posters I've never met.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Yep.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Look Under The Rock posted:

Did any of you ever play Super James Pond on the SNES?

I had a Sega version

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Ernie. posted:

unfortunately the medical side of any field tangentially related to mental health is rotten from the bottom up. we need to start with the change on a social level to stop stigmatizing and complicating mental health understanding. obama's brain initiative is a step. we'll improve. :shobon:

In this post I paste that comic about if physical injuries were treated like mental illness.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

chaoslord posted:

Found my missing wedding ring this morning and a Whataburger is opening today a short drive away. Everything's coming up chaoslord :toot:

:hfive:

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

I'm depressed about jesters.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

I got a job.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

EXAKT Science posted:

Congrats! Doing what?

Medical lab tech in Bangor

e. And the poopmaster thing

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Longmire is a good show.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

Quote this post and I will tell you what animated film you are

Aladdin or James and the Giant Peach or gtfo

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

And now I catch up and they're BOTH gone?? :argh:

WHICH WAY MADNESS fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Never seen it, clearly inferior to Bugs Life, voted 1.