Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

that's the life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

We use to live in a time of "mafia dad" where everybody accused each other of mafia dadding, then came the time of "mafia dead" when mafia was slightly different and there weren't as many concurrent games, which some people flippantly called death while others screamed up and down that literally nothing had changed and everything was exactly the same.

We now enter a time of "mafia dread", which I fear I cannot explain.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

How many days in are you?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

goodness no, i would not want to replace in later than d2

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

shoutout liars club online

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

E: wrong thread

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Tediously arranging my hate mail by length

Jump King fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 13, 2020

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Had a dream that I found some online community dedicated to sandwolf where users would largely try to find a way to recontextualize “classic” sandwolf posts. It was a few hundred people and sandwolf was not aware of it. Common jokes included something about “sandwolf smokescreen” which I didn’t understand the context of.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

do not join my game, i dont want u in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Can we restart the fight, I’m late

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

DGK2000 posted:

Yeah absolutely. People are actively doing poo poo we used to call scummy and dumb and acting like it's town and perfectly normal.

Conversely though, some of the standard things people would call scummy were just cargo cult imitations of scum hunting, or rules for the sake of it.

Players are bad now, but they were bad before. Mafia is not a good game for strategic play. Especially in the SA culture focused on the moderator.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

On this day we are all Marco from the naruto forums.

FR tho I think a forums place is good to have, there are things you just can’t do on discord and there are probably a fair number of people who want to game but not be part of a massive IRC community.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Retro Futurist posted:

FWIW I'm not quite ready to abandon ship yet. I’m putting my ad blocker back on and not buying any plat upgrades or av certs for anyone for a while, but I’ll hope they just have a means to force him out. I’m too much a creature of habit to learn a new place, and this site (for all its problems) has some really good spaces that I enjoy, and most importantly it’s the only large sized forum I’ve ever found that actively chases out chuds.
I am glad we have the discord though, because lowtax also seems like the type to just nuke the site without warning.

Pretty much same on all fronts, I’ve pretty much only used the forums for games and it’s a pretty good thing for that, I like paid forums and stuff and have never been like a fan of lowtax, so I’d rather somebody just steal it from him.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I’m pretty sure B&R already exists as an SA off-site escape, idk anything about it tho

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

As long as it got pretend reality shows

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

One time merk misread my posts and made a big case on me and when I pointed out that he misread them he acknowledged he had done so but then doubled down on the case anyway, refusing to move on. We were both town.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

Hal got me a bag of sand, a Ska-themed beer, a local elderberry soda, two books (a book of essays by Kiese Laymon and Jimmy Corrigan, Smartest Kid on Earth), a bit of art, and some 70mm film from Tron: Legacy!

And a very sweet handwritten letter!! Hal’s the best!

gently caress I wanna bag of sand

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Wow that sounds like an awful gift

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

awfully good

idk cornbread mix is like cornmeal and flour, seems like the cost of mailing it isn't really worth it.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Mr. F! posted:

I was just kidding I think it’s a pretty funny gift

its true i think its even funnier when you take the keto diet into account

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Do you live on the moon, or in a dome under the sea?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

To be clear I think if you were living on the moon it would probably also be under a dome

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Just sent bottleknight 8 packs of rice because he said he likes rice, I suggest everybody do this every time he mentions he likes a food.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

y2k

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

y2k

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

the distant future; the year 2000

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

y2k

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I wonder what BlackNyte is up to these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Who was it that got bottle knight a bunch of cornflour for secret Santa one year