Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

i am v excited for this thread

quote this post and i will vindicate your existence by telling you which us president you remind me of

in honor of the 4th of july

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I didn't read the last 4000 posts in the old thread. Did I miss anything other than pizza chat?

Asiina and I talked about nuclear holocausts and pre-apocalyptic fiction.

Otherwise, no.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

LET"S BUZZFEED THIS THREAD UP!

uranus posted:

Please be Nixon

hmmmmm.....

actually, i see you as taft. i say this because he was pretty cool and laid back. also, he became a supreme court justice! he is the only us president to serve on the supreme court. please enjoy this political cartoon about taft.

[/url]

Max posted:

I hope you get it right.

you are james madison.

you generally make very good arguments and are a pretty good player in games. much like madison, however, you were able to subvert the town undetected in Omnis Divisia. that was a very good game for scum and you turned us all into john adams.

CCKeane posted:

Yes, let's buzzfeed this thread up immediately.

you are martin van buren, an unconventional president who (may have) coined the phrase "ok" as part of his election campaign. he also kept two tiger cubs as pets while president.

god drat it..... i suddenly feel really sad.

you are theodore roosevelt, about to murder me with a brick.

(i am so sorry)

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jul 5, 2015

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Art is anything made with a creative purpose. I would consider everything from the Last Supper to the Wrapped Reichtag, from Citizen Kane to The Stanley Parable to be art.

Whether something is good art or not is a better question imho.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

uranus posted:

what if its a creative way to make money

then it is a very artful scam

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

uranus posted:

since when is art about ideas? i havent heard that one. what idea does the mona lisa disseminate

it obviously disseminates the truth of the holy grail, protected by leonardo da vinci and the priory of sion, against the sinister forces of opus dei. if one looks closely, one should be unable to uncover a series of clues that will lead them to the last supper, revealing jesus's secret relationship with mary magdeline, and the children that they bore.

it is all very fascinating.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

My favorite painting is Ivan the Terrible and His Son Ivan on November 16, 1581 by Ilya Repin. For me, it is one of the most haunting paintings ever created.

I also like The Merry Family by Jan Steen. I know the message is intended to be negative, but that baby is so happy!

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 5, 2015

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

uranus posted:

i had a similar problem in highschool when trying to get my creative writing teacher to explain what 'poetry' was. it seems to me that poetry is more about the positioning of the words than the words themselves. if you ramble on for a paragraph, its not a poem. but if you take that same paragraph and space it out into lines between 1-10 words in length, then its a poem.

maybe art is the same way, except instead of aranging words into lines, you have to put the item in a gallery, or put a frame around it. poof, art

You might enjoy the poems of e. e. cummings. He's a pretty non-conventional poet and his work often stretches the limitations of his medium. The way he plays with syntax and formatting can be very cool.

Take, for example, The Sky Was.

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

All nationalism is stupid and divisive. World sports is just televised nationalism.

ummmmmmmm, excuse me but nationalism can often act as an important tool for new and developing states. it helps organize large groups of people and stabilize society until institutions are established and universally accepted.

also sporting events are cool and fun.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I heard that weasel words might be useful for scum. Some argue that it is one of the best ways to avoid detection because, in a sense, it prevents you from committing on an issue. In my experience, this fact often seems true. I believe that wishy-washy language might be helpful in some instances.

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah, I felt like it was an amazing premise with so-so execution. Horror films!

I really want to see It Follows, but I don't have anywhere to watch it!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Captain Foo posted:

nobody sent me a pizza yet wtf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brTIolL_5M4

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

pls add me to that cool purposeless list.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Ummmm... wow. Still not there.

Very rude.

Highly offended.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Magnus Gallant posted:

I don't understand these words

False - Untrue, or not in accord with fact; incorrect.

OP - Abbreviation meaning "original poster;" commonly used on message boards

You - Term used to address the person or people the speaker is referring to

Post - An online message that is publicly available

ITT - Abbreviation meaning "in this thread."

i hope this helped : )

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Apparently my wand is 13 3/4 inch hawthorn, with a Phoenix feather core and unbending flexibility.

Also I got Slytherin lol

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Tremendous Taste posted:

Voldemort Was Right

I've always wondered what Voldemort's endgame was if he had defeated Harry Potter. Based on his meddling in the West Country and the intrusion of Dementors into everyday life, he doesn't seem content with just ruling Magical!Britain. Does Lord Voldemort want to rule as a shadow government over the British Muggles, or is his goal to destroy the Statute of Secrecy and rule directly over both domains?

I would also ask if he's expansionist and whether the rest of the Magical World plans on doing anything about Magical Hitler, but we don't know much about the magical community outside Harry Potter's life.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Tremendous Taste posted:

I always assumed Voldemort was the world domination type

Yeah, but how he goes about it is important. Is he going to go for a shock and awe campaign, revealing himself in horrific fashion to stun the Muggles into submission, or does he have his followers subvert and infiltrate Muggle governments so as to avoid real resistance?

The guy never really struck me as subtle, so I assume the former. Attempting to secretly subvert foreign countries would probably fail when people start asking important questions, like why the Lincoln Memorial been replaced with Merlin sitting on a throne of skulls and weeping children.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

EccoRaven posted:

Quote this post and tell me the last song you listened to with a brief description of how you feel about it, and I will tell you what your Victorian household servant position would have been.

57821 by Janelle Monáe. It's a dreamy slow song that makes me think of a church choir. So I guess it makes me feel kind of solemn? Maybe a little sad?

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Potatoes and Molasses from Over the Garden Wall and it makes me smile and feel entertained.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYvRTioPAlo

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 8, 2015

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

hogwarts houses should have been done by your wand type

i mean, if your wand depends on your personality then the whole sorting hat thing seems extraneous

basically, i want to be in house phoenix with the cool guys above me

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Under this cool new system, you would have:

House Dragon Heart
House Phoenix Feather
House Unicorn Hair
House Miscellaneous

Seems like a win for everyone, except the weirdos who shoved coral or thestral or whatever into their wand.

Those people were probably Hufflepuffs anyway.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

uranus posted:

somone make american president candidate mafia. i'm bobby jindal

Donald Trump - Self-Aligned Jester Bomb - self-destructed N1

I've toyed around with the idea of a Presidential Succession Mafia game, which I always thought might be fun.

EccoRaven posted:

I will open and run Presidential Candidate CYOR in the time it takes ecco to start their game :arghfist:

uhhhhhh, how did you know i was going to make this joke?

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 9, 2015

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

EccoRaven posted:

We bleed red white and blue in these parts.

pls see a doctor

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

BottleKnight posted:

You should get that checked out!

drat IT BOTTLEKNiGHT

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I grew up in an area where Canadian and American coins got used indiscrimately. You would go to a restaurant and pay with ten US dollars and fifty cents in Canadian coins.

Eventually businesses got really upset and started putting signs up saying they would no longer accept Canadian coins. It was a very sad moment for me personally because I had to stop using coins with cool moose on them.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I can't wait for the dark gritty future of 20XX when everyone pays in credits stored in tattooed barcodes and implanted microchips.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

EXAKT Science posted:

jefferson was awful hth

replace jefferson on the two dollar bill with john and abigail adams

problem solved

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jul 10, 2015

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

put princess diana on the five dollar bill

EccoRaven posted:

jefferson was actually cool and good. money that is colorful and differently sized is good as well. American currency could use a lot of updating.

jefferson was a jerk

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

TMMadman posted:

America should just put animals on all the money.

So besides the Bald Eagle, what are some other unique American Animals?

The proud turkey

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

When I was a kid my dad gave me a $2 bill. I thought it was so cool and I wanted to save it forever! So I deposited it in the bank.

:downs:

You can go to the bank and ask to be paid in two dollar bills, Susan B. Anthony dollar coins, and fifty cent pieces.

They have them Narcotics. You just gotta ask.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

You need to pass the 75 Speech check with the bank teller in order to see their special inventory in back.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

CCKeane posted:

I put all of my skill points in my tagged skills of unarmed, repair, and science.

Now you'll never get the special bonus ending where your bank teller flies you to Brussels to discuss economics with Greece and Germany!

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 10, 2015

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Spoonsy, I just read Supreme Court Mafia. Please run this game again and pre-sign me up for it.

Thank you in advance.

QuoProQuid

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

hi

how r u

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

EXACT Science, whenever I see your username it reminds me of a line in the musical Next to Normal where the mother is having her prescription changed after a psychotic breakdown and tells the doctor, "[psychopharmacology's] not a very exact science, is it?" Then the chorus lists her medications (and the unintended side effects) to the tune of My Favorite Things.

This doesn't impact you in any way, but I always hum a little when you post.

also that was a p sick burn

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jul 11, 2015

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Quidnose posted:

I love Next to Normal! Musical theatre buddies with Quid in their name~

:hfive:

Quidnose posted:

Also if you guys love musical theatre and aren't homophobic (hopefully nobody in our lovely community!) you should listen to the Fun Home cast recording and focus on it because it's one of the best musicals to come out in a long time.

I haven't heard it, but I will definitely check it out! I love musical theatre and have the soundtrack of Chess on my tablet to listen to while working.

I just love those intense choruses.

Each game of chess means there's one less,
Var - i - ation left to be played.
Each game, got through, means one or two
Less mistakes remain to be made.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jul 11, 2015

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Quidnose posted:

I am a very snobby musical theatre fan because I used to perform a lot and I also direct so I apologize in advance if I offend anyone with my opinions :v:

Most musicals are pretty ok for a variety of reasons though! Sondheim is the best howevs.

What's your favorite Sondheim musical?

I didn't realize that you acted in and directed theatre! That's is really cool. I am jealous.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

EccoRaven posted:

sunday in the park with geooooooorge

I'm listening to it now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNmejGjhd_M

Art isn't easy.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

EccoRaven posted:

My latest sunless sea character is about to retire a wealthy widow, someone give me a name for my next character.

yep!

Gloria "the Rock" Flabajabber

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Nevermind. Disregard.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jul 11, 2015

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I like to imagine that somewhere there is an entire town filled with insufferably happy commercial families, that wake up every day with a sense of childlike wonder, not knowing what magical product they will be forced to endure today.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

it was very funny. i laughed so hard that i was temporarily unable to post