Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Ecco, since you have the first and last post in the last thread, mind tossing some links on either end of the thread to this one? I see edited posts there. I'm just so impatient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
So who is going to put up a banner for the new thread? There's almost nothing in rotation right now.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Looking for a replacement for my Christmas game. It's still Day 1.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Any games lately where a 3P solo won? Maybe I'll beef up the 3P next game I run.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Look at me, I'm so edgy I hate the thing everyone enjoys.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Quidnose posted:

I think a big problem with Firefly is you need to watch it in the aired order, because the original storyline pilot is not great, and also not the first episode that aired, if I remember correctly. I think it's almost better to watch the first aired pilot then go back to Storyline Episode 1 as a flashback or something?

The train heist episode? Yeah, that's a great introduction to the show.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

All the fun people played Pokemon.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I have two 75% off Goat Simulator coupons and one 50% I Am Bread coupon for steam if anyone wants them.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
:boom:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Hey Runaktla, how did you become a "gross attention seeking oval office"?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Christmas in July has ended in an Elf (Town) Victory) with Christmas being celebrated in perpetuity.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Met posted:

Christmas in July has ended in an Elf (Town) Victory) with Christmas being celebrated in perpetuity.

Oh, and AnonymousNarcotics won a 3P Individual Win Condition as well!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

I do that a lot too. I wish we did the Crew / Actual-Mafia-Chat thread split this time around.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
How weird you guys bring up old video game themes. I've had this in my head the past day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maZWYBCKgIg

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Anyone interested in starting a village with me in Haven & Hearth on the 21st when the devs reset the world with a big update?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

CapitalistPig posted:

hey that looks fun-ish

like an ultima online flashback.

Yeah, I'll bring it back up when the servers are up. It can be a little Mafia Crew Village.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
For those who were interested in the Haven & Hearth SA Mafia village, the update was pushed back to the 28th.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

What what? Little MMO by a Swede. Open world crafting survival. Fully PvP. Swords, Bows, Trade, Crime and Bounty Hunting. Everything is created by the players and there are no NPCs other than the wildlife. Though the first few times I played it I played with groups that were more into the crafting and village maintaining with very few combat oriented players. I enjoyed it.

There's a patch coming out overhauling the graphics and presumably the gameplay has had some updates since I last played it.

So starting a new village and picking people out of the SA Mafia Community for it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
http://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/

Free. Fool around with current version.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm learning Russian in my spare time. I wish I started a year ago so I'd be ready for some Haven.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Magnus Gallant posted:

Why run a game with that many? Seems like until you get to like 25 players there's just going to be a whole ton of randomness

The only way I'd see it being fun is if it's just some chatroom game that only lasts 3 hours total.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Working on a spreadsheet to help me set up role madness games. I was tired of going through various wikis to find roles. Specifically wanted a way to organize roles by their type to better fit niches needed in a setup. It's pretty useful as a general role repository though so I thought I'd share it.

I was originally going to make a wiki since most of us don't have access to edit the SA Mafia wiki, but a spreadsheet is all I really needed.

If you have any suggestions I'm always looking for interesting things to add to it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

busb posted:

My suggestion (which is Correct) is that you should cut out 3/4 of the roles you've got, and make them vanilla instead.

Bam - you have a good game setup.

Don't play my games.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Amoeba102 posted:

Death Miller - Miller that flips as scum
Reverse Death Miller - Godfather that flips as town.

Arsonist - kills anyone who targets their target, plus their target if their target performs no action.

Martyr - Wins if they die.

Modifiers
Brutal - Also kills, context specific. A brutal Cop kills if they get a SCUM result, for instance.
Weak - dies if they target scum

Miller already included. If it's a minor change to something already on the list, it really doesn't need a new line.

That's not an Arsonist. Looks like the Mass Murderer or Werewolf.

Martyr is just an easy mode Jester.

Brutal sounds like a good addition. I don't now about Weak though. It's not something I've seen and doesn't seem particularly fun.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Amoeba102 posted:

You have millers, not death millers!

Weak is used with Doctor mostly, so they protect someone but die if they target scum.

Made an edit to the post about millers.

I added it to the list. It's not something I would use but it's not something I don't think belongs in Mafia. Sort of how a Silencer is pretty lovely in forum mafia but works pretty well in quick Mafia games like Town of Salem.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

busb posted:

nearly every game here or auspol for the last 6 months or so has seemed to be role madness/cyor or something similar. If you are making role heavy games make it not mafia instead imo, having mafia games won by role/night actions alone is boring.

Then don't play Role Madness games. If the host makes role madness games without calling them Role Madness, don't play games by that host.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Aug 27, 2015

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Amoeba102 posted:

Nexus - redirects all actions against it to random players.

I don't include anything random on principle. All actions are decided by the players after the game starts.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
There's a lot of Mafia/TV-Survivor shared posters. Next season thread is up.

Also, Haven & Hearth patch and reset should be tomorrow. I'll see if I have a decent connection to be online. Moving into a new place Saturday and hopefully everything will be a lot more stable there than the connection I've had here for the past month. Hopefully a few people are interested still.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Aug 28, 2015

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Haven & Hearth is pay to play now and game time is limited. They decided not to announce this until the patch went live.

Oh well. On to the next game!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It'll give me time to start my next Mafia game. Role Madness game. Busb really won't like it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Half filled. 10 to go.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
:itwaspoo:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Still looking for players for Conversion Mafia. Prove your adaptability as a Mafia player.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Kashuno posted:

Out of curiosity, how many games are run simultaneously at a good time in here? If there are 3 being tracked in vote finder and 4 that I know of currently recruiting, it seems we have a decent amount of players. I don't have anything to base it on though

5-8 seems like the normal number to me. Hal would be in each and every single one of them.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Opopanax posted:

I still like the idea of reaching out to multiple forums and trying to run themed games in other places, but I refuse to do any work

Design it. I'll do the hosting work.

My current recruiting game is only 3 people short.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Conversion Mafia only needs two more players to reach the 20 required.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

EccoRaven posted:

I kinda wish we as a community had managed our alumni better. An "alumni game," if well done, could have brought a few players back from retirement semi-permanently, rather than burn them out and remind them why they quit in the first place. Targeted messages to former players might have been helpful too.

I know woulda coulda shoulda, wishes and horses, and all that. Still.

Banner ads maybe.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What's up with confirming?

I know you got your role PM. I took great care to make sure you got the right one and that it was delivered.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Congratulations on the anniversary of your victory crawl from the womb, Asiina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Opopanax posted:

Tick tock, Asiina. One step closer to the grave!