Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It's a new day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

QuoProQuid posted:

i am v excited for this thread

quote this post and i will vindicate your existence by telling you which us president you remind me of

in honor of the 4th of july

I hope you get it right.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kumbamontu posted:

1. Unbreakable
2. Sixth Sense
3. Devil
4. Lady in the Water
5. Signs
6. The Happening
Haven't seen:

The Visit
After Earth
The Last Airbender
Wide Awake
11. The Village

Kumba, you are now my favorite person for finding Unbreakable the best, because it is.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm making rack of lamb tonight.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The rack of lamb was good.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I have a book as well. I published it accidentally and still get reminded of it once in a while by random people.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Christ, people though I was as serious as grondemar?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Old chart had Alasdair on it, so it's already superior.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I like that I have maintained my relative position on this chart compared to the chart from waaaay back in the day.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

Quote this post and tell me the last song you listened to with a brief description of how you feel about it, and I will tell you what your Victorian household servant position would have been.

Flagpole Sitta, and it made me feel both nostalgic and disgusted in my former self.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Look Under The Rock posted:

~*SECRET BUZZFEED*~

I'm gonna be on mobile for most of the day. Quote this post and I will PM you a (probably table breaking) picture from my phone that represents you.

I must know.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Damnit LUTR I wear trashy bright clothes, not dark depressing trench coats.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

lol

Night 9
"Okay merk your night result: you know Keane is scum!"
"But... I'm a doctor."
"aw nerts. time to destroy the entire game, GOSH I am such a boner!!!!!"

Sadly, this is what led to me shutting down the second Battlestar game. I made some really dumb mistakes as a mod, one of which was exactly that scenario.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Look Under The Rock posted:

yes please

pretend it's painted orange and the pants are violet and the fedora is lime green

That's close but my gigantic head makes wearing a hat that actually fits very difficult, so I don't own any.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Speaking of modding, I was going to do a Mad Men themed mafia game based around what I speculated would happen in the last season. Sadly I got distracted and the show is over now, so my dream of the town fighting against Harry and the computer is now dead.

Instead I'm going to justify the three years of torture I put myself through in grad school and do film/photo themed games. Please vote for which of these topics you would like to see first. First to 3 wins:

Samurai Film Mafia
Propaganda Film Mafia
History of Photography Mafia

Hopefully these are compelling topics that you will enjoy talking about as much as me, because let me assure you, I cannot stop talking about these things in my academic life.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

history of photos

MMM is the only one who cares, so we're going with History of Photography Mafia.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CapitalistPig posted:

I haven't read this thread in days and there's 500 new posts.

I'm not going to read them.

Someone give me the highlights.

I'm going to do a game based on the history of photography. I hope you are as excited as I am.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Anyone want to take a look at my setup and tell me I'm a moron?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Cool!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I'll look at it

Cool!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

That's a pretty cool flavor.

Thanks!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, because you are all probably waiting with baited breath for the return of a Max Mafia game: History of Photography Mafia will not be posted until early August.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I am reading Excession by Iain M Banks to prepare for my trip to Scotland.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

No.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JakeP posted:

75% of my shirts are Phillies shirts, and the rest are an assortment of eagles and flyers shirts.

and I have this 76ers hoodie:

I'm going to a Phillies game in August, should I buy a shirt? Y/N

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Funny you mention that, it's one of the games against the Mets.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Gin fucks me up like nothing else and I really can't drink it anymore.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Gin just sends me straight from sober to puking my guts out without any buffer in between those two states, so I just stay away from it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm leaving tomorrow for Scotland to taste scotch but for real.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

After Scotland I am traveling to Iceland. Should I do anything / eat anything / drink anything exciting while there?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

What should I do in Edinburgh today?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Puntification posted:

Eat a deep-fried mars bar and drink heavily.

I climbed to Arthur's Seat instead.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This is the only community I trust to ask this very important question: Is Destiny a good game?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

mr.capps posted:

help me i am obsessed with x wings miniatures arghhah

I have a friend that just got into that. I hope you make enough money to support your new addiction.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

There never was any point.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

A new vending machine was installed at work with a function that refunds your money if the item you wanted got stuck and didn't drop. This is a nice feature, but I have also immediately taken advantage of it since the Smartpop popcorn bags almost always get stuck, and if I play my cards right, I can end up with 3 or 4 bags for the price of 1 that I then leave in my desk.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Esports should just make their own olympics.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Only making their own olympics raises the issue of which games in each genre will be represented, and who is hosting it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I guess what I mean is you can have an event in the Olympics and call it "The MOBA Event" but then which one of those games do you use?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

On the train home from work yesterday, a woman got a call from her son, telling her that his younger brother had run away from home. She told her son to call the police and inform them that whenever they find the runaway brother, they should stick him in a mental institution or JuVee. This was all said rather casually.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm going on a business trip to San Antonio. What things should I do there. I have little interest in seeing the Alamo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Not a big meat fan.