Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

You can pry the new game announcement thread from my cold dead hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

The OP and last post of the new game announcements thread have been updated appropriately

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

My previous posts about the old New Game Announcement thread were jokes because I don't actually care very much about who runs what thread, I honestly was surprised when Ecco PMed me that my thread was still around, but the new thread does not serve the purpose of the old thread at all.

The reason we created the old thread was so that people wouldn't have to dig through the garbage discussion happening in this thread to find out about games that were starting. "Casual" Mafia players who didn't want to sit through "game theory" and other circlejerks could just follow that thread and jump in to a game when they wanted to.

The new thread is already at 2 pages and only has one game announcement. New game announcement and in depth discussions about game mechanics are completely different. Where am I supposed to go once a year when I need a Mafia fix but don't want to dig through endless discussions about stuff I don't care about to find a Mafia game that is recruiting?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Kumbamontu posted:

perhaps you should check the OP of that thread that has games currently in signups

The old thread worked for 7 years and I didn't update the OP past the first. Humans get bored and stop updating things.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I just don't think the solution to this thread being terrible is to make the New Games Announcement thread terrible too, but that's just me v:shobon:v

But anyway, you guys can do whatever, I don't care, it's just that being in this thread again brought out my PTSD and caused an uncontrollable desire to argue about something.

I'll continue to just occasionally play in games that I'm invited to by mods that I know are good and you guys can have as many threads as you want :glomp:

Jose Valasquez fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 25, 2015

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

David Bowie was pretty good in Dune

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

EccoRaven posted:

I will almost certainly need a replacement in 24 hours!

You can't just replace out of modding

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Whoever owns votefinder should update it to use https so that the images show up when using https on the forums

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Tommunist posted:

Ugh I regret not shaving I look disgusting

It's not because of the shaving

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Lord of Hats play this game, I must have my revenge

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Making room for President Cruz to nominate someone even better!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Token Female posted:

Flailing into the wind like a maniac: the best town strategy

Hey Tokes you said you were gonna run a game 2 years ago you should do that

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Little Mac posted:

I was! And for some reason my parents then had a second one ON PURPOSE.

They wanted to see if it turned out better when it happened on purpose

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Token Female posted:

I'm trying to gauge interest in running a new Harry Potter themed game. I have it all ready and will co run it with Max.

This game is the follow up to:
Harry Potter and the Circus of Chaos (Mafia wiki description of the game)
Harry Potter and the Blood of Heroes (Where at final 4 the town got the final mafia member to scum claim in the thread.)
Harry Potter and the Mask of Gryffindor (An exciting ending but a lot of unfortunate “windmill chasing”)

These game have been kind of wild and fun to run, and I hope this new one is as well.

It's to be a large game with 27 players. I know that there are multiple games in start ups right now, so I would be wanting to running it in at least a week from now if not more depending on interest and so on. Please let me or Max know if you would want to play.

I just reread the end of HP1 and now I'm full of anxiety again because I was 100% correct but WR? messed it up :argh:
Also that was 13 years ago what the hell

I'm in :hellyeah:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

peramene posted:

quote this post to be included in a stupid silly thing I want to do

related, include your favorite region of westeros for bonus points

Valyria

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Token Female posted:

I've opened Harry Potter and the Dementor Invasion for sign ups. Please join if you are interested.

old timers should sign up for this game so I know people

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Instead of starting a bunch of new games everyone join Harry Potter instead

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

Instead of starting a bunch of new games everyone join Harry Potter instead

I've been waiting for this for at least 4 years

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

:hmmyes:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

:bisonyes:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

How about a cop that has a 50/50 chance of killing whoever they investigate?

If the dead target was town they plant evidence and the flip says scum.

Let's add a little realism to the game

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

No Mafia, just killer cops and and survivors

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I ran a nightless game of 10 survivors with various irrelevant alignments one time

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Mr. Humalong posted:

C✯U✯M✯H✯U✯N✯T✯E✯R✯

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Quidthulhu posted:

Holy poo poo, the entire history of mafia is slowly returning to this thread thanks to coronavirus. What a silver lining!

How you been, Jose, nice to see you!

I'm good! I have been trying to get Token Female to run a new Harry Potter game for 5+ years now and she's finally doing it, so here I am!

I've also tentatively agreed to play in another game after HP wraps up. Mafia is fun!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Mr. Steak posted:

what happened to lumpen?

Poor ol' Lumpen, thought of lunches and died

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

Another scenario, thanks everyone on your help so far:

Person A tries to perform an action on Person B but is blocked. Person C is watching person A. Does person C see that A visited B or what?

No

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

See the thread title idiot

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Now that I'm between games I want to say that the lurker rules should be adjusted to give scum a free extra kill on people who are free-lunchable.

Please adjust the rules accordingly

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I'm a lot less mean than I used to be. Probably unrelated, but I'm a lot more convincing than I used to be too :thunk:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

CCKeane posted:

I agree, Jose is a lot less than mean nowadays. In other words, far below average.

Carrying dead weight across the finish line has worn me down

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jamuraan posted:

Only once

Prude

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Max posted:

I have frequently used people not wanting to analyze night kill choices to night kill all of my vocal opponents in thread.

:same: although I've also night killed someone else's vocal opponent in hopes that someone analyzes it

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

:same: although I've also night killed someone else's vocal opponent in hopes that someone analyzes it

and I've kept my two most vocal opponents alive in lylo so that they question why I would intentionally go to lylo with them, although that one probably only works the one time :v:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

merk posted:

But no one ever does!

It's true. Given current meta it is a much better use of the nk to clear out your detractors than to hope the town overanalyzes it.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Town should start analyzing nks more because it would probably work pretty well in a lot of games and it would give me more effective tools as scum.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

it is actually just Max and 20 accounts owned by Alasdair

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Looks like merk convinced the town to execute him. Tbh I'd quit too if that ever happened to me

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

hambeet posted:

quote:

Like this
Actually I’d love for someone to show me how to properly nest quotes. When I go to quote people who have done it, it scrubs the nested quote so I can’t see the syntax :(

You just put the quote inside the quote

code:
[quote="hambeet" post="506392701"]
[quote]
Like this
[/quote]
Actually I’d love for someone to show me how to properly nest quotes.  When I go to quote people who have done it, it scrubs the nested quote so I can’t see the syntax :(
[/quote]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Retro Futurist posted:

You're not supposed to do that it's bad for their necks

If you want to make an omelette you've got to break a few necks