Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carrier
May 12, 2009

Instead of singing the national anthem at the start of the match, make all the players recite Marxist theory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
Replace the whole sport with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCe2-QrCeOs

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
Make all players play inside those giant inflatable balls that bounce into each other

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

chuggo is BACK posted:

two goals and out

first and in

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

the keeper should be able to pick up back passes but if he does it he has to take a tab of acid

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Give retroactive yellow cards for simulation based on video evidence after the fact and retroactively give players red cards if they get two in a match. Then make the teams replay the game from when the first player would have been sent off, with other players leaving the match when their time comes.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
make the best looking players kiss haha just kidding it would be funny

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

chuggo is BACK posted:

make the best looking players kiss haha just kidding it would be funny

Hahah yes this would be hilarious but completely inappropriate for the sporting arena but just for the sake of this thought experiment, how long would they be made to kiss for and how do you enforce tongue action

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Kwagga posted:

Hahah yes this would be hilarious but completely inappropriate for the sporting arena but just for the sake of this thought experiment, how long would they be made to kiss for and how do you enforce tongue action

mouth-line technology

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Twat le Piss posted:

definitely yes, random oscillating goalposts; whoop where is it

Whoop there it is

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Goals start every match twice as big as they are now and every time a goal is scored they get smaller.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
1. Every player has to have a beer in hand.
2. You can legally play the ball with your beer hand, but you must drink from the beer afterwards.
3. If your team is scored on, finish your beer and get another one.
4. If you drop your beer, you need to pick it up and take a drink before you may play the ball.
5. One handed throw ins are allowed (because you have to hold your beer).
6. Borderline calls are decides by a chug-off, each player may select a designated chugger.
7. Each team gets one player who may use a dodge/kickball to throw at players and attempt to knock the beer from their hands. This player is called the Frimponger, because if you don't stay dench, well, you'll get Frimponged.
8. All matches end on PKs and each taker needs to chug a beer and do a few spins first.

Brighterday
Jun 25, 2005
Enforce all teams to have at least 3 women in them and a woman must score otherwise both teams lose 5 points. Also, all matches must be played under the ocean and the winning team's town is allowed to raid the other the losing team's town like they did a thousand years ago when football was invented.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Ok no more monkey cheese ideas please all

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I would like my beloved Middlesbrough fc to play in the premier league

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

vyelkin posted:

I'm all for improving the game if there's a reasonable suggestion, but giving a penalty for the other team not having a shot on target every few minutes is a really, really bad idea. Since penalties are a virtually guaranteed goal, this would likely lead to at least some teams parking eleven men behind the ball, defending like their lives depended on it, and giving the ball back to the other team if they somehow won it, just because if they can block every shot for five minutes they get a free goal. Mourinho would win every game 10-0 with 0% possession. Why bother attacking when if you defend long enough you get handed a golden scoring opportunity?

Well after they scored the penalty, they would have the shot clock running against them. Teams will realise it'll make sense to counter-attack whenever the other team has the clock ticking against them. As for parking eleven men behind the ball, maybe also make it a rule that a defender touching the ball in his own 6-yard box counts as a shot on goal for te other team.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

mackintosh posted:

death penalty for scoreless draws

How about a 2-0 forfeit for fielding an ineligible player? :laugh:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

I would like my beloved Middlesbrough fc to play in the premier league

African AIDS cum posted:

Ok no more monkey cheese ideas please all

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

A European Premier League with relegation to the national leagues.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I'd like to see tighter rules for what national team you can play for to stop cunts like Diego Costa

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Real and Barca to be forced to share a tv deal with the clubs they pretend to be competing against in their domestic "league".

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
make blatter president forever

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
play the benny hill theme whenever a barcelona player falls down and starts rolling on the floor

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

advanced statsman posted:

make blatter president forever

this

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Blue Star Error posted:

I'd like to see tighter rules for what national team you can play for to stop cunts like Diego Costa

Generally I agree but Costa joined the Spain team who got humiliated at the world cup

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

Generally I agree but Costa joined the Spain team who got humiliated at the world cup

Thank god that saved him from being in the Brazil team that got humiliated at the World Cup.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

Thank god that saved him from being in the Brazil team that got humiliated at the World Cup.

i too would rather get knocked out in the group stage after being humiliated rather than the semi final

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Blue Star Error posted:

It used to be that if you represented a country at any level you had to stick with it. At the very least I think you shouldn't represent a country in an age bracket you've already represented another country at.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
If you don't speak your native language with the accent of that country you shouldn't be allowed to play for them

Owen Hargreaves should have been forced to single handedly drag Canada to relevance from defensive midfield

Monday Bandele fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jul 5, 2015

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Monday Bandele posted:

If you don't speak your native language with the accent of that country you shouldn't be allowed to play for them

RIP Cassano and Carragher.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Gigi Galli posted:

RIP Cassano and Carragher.

Lol

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Monday Bandele posted:

Owen Hargreaves should have been forced to single handedly drag Canada to relevance from defensive midfield

Mick McCarthy...

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Cascarino, Lawrinson, Houghton, Townsend, Aldridge, Dunne...

E: More to the point, how many of the Ireland team speak their native language?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Benny Harvey posted:

Cascarino, Lawrinson, Houghton, Townsend, Aldridge, Dunne...

E: More to the point, how many of the Ireland team speak their native language?

Their native language is English. So none of them properly

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Blue Star Error posted:

Their native language is English. So none of them properly

Most of the Englnd team would be hosed too.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Allow throw-ins to be kick-ins. Can't score directly but you can float it in. Reckon we'll see more goal action this way, and also pressures players to keep the ball in.

If they really wanted to see more goals a la lovely American sports they could just make the goal bigger.

I defo think we should make keepers do more though.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
pestilence

violence

blood purity

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Vegetable posted:

Allow throw-ins to be kick-ins. Can't score directly but you can float it in. Reckon we'll see more goal action this way, and also pressures players to keep the ball in.

This is legitimately something I would like to see but only because Liverpool (and tbf most teams) are utterly poo poo at throw ins.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Monday Bandele posted:

Actually he would have help from Jonathan de Guzman and Asmir Begovic so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

If they really wanted to see more goals a la lovely American sports they could just make the goal bigger.

I defo think we should make keepers do more though.

Thus actually sounds really cool.

• Locked thread