Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

LionYeti posted:

Each game in the top flights should have an independent doctor and if he determines there was a concussion then team gets a free sub but the subbed player is automatically out of the next match.

How does the independent doctor rule that there was a concussion, particularly when the research article says that the majority of concussions in football wouldn't be detectable? What happens if a doctor suspects a player has a concussion then later tests show he didn't, does he still have to miss the next game? Does this apply to cup games? What about all the poor lower league footballers who don't get the benefits of this regime, will they be forced to continue going home and murdering their families?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The national associations have always seemed to be opposed to this suggestion as they believe that doing so would have an effect on revenue through the year. Countries with a national stadium argue that having fixtures through out the year is vital for keeping them operating, and there seems to be a concern that it would have an effect on replica kit sales. Of course they also argue that fixtures through the year are better for player development, and also that it means that the best teams will come out on top across qualifying instead of being the teams that find a run of form or aren't hit by a sudden injury crisis at one point in the summer.

International break weeks are the loving worst though, so I would much prefer this.

• Locked thread