Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
Good thread, OP. Sorry stuff here gets poo poo on instantly, but we lack moderation lol.

Personally, I'd like to see 3rd/4th place playoff games done away with completely. It's not original by any extent, but nobody gives a gently caress who gets 3rd/4th so lets gently caress off with it, yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Benny Harvey posted:

Mostly yeah but then there's occasions when a smaller team gets knocked out at the semi-final. Although if you think the 3rd/4th match is bad, Blatter was considering introducing a consolation plate tournament for teams that got knocked out of the first round.

Well, besides being poo poo for entertainment value I don't think either side deserved to be there. The only reason Spain's tactics worked is because Holland didn't properly go all-out defend and literally stick all 11 men on the goal line.

Yep, i think any FIFA tournament should ultimately end up being #1 vs #2 and anyone else can gently caress off. The only reason they torture beaten teams is for more TV money. Its a bad policy.

If they were to rework the bracketing in such a way that the outcome of 3rd vs 4th affected 1st vs 2nd, id have to rethink this lol

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gigi Galli posted:

The last time I moderated you had an insane meltdown about fantasy sports so I thought I was doing you a favor.

Im not part of the clique, but maybe if i spam rape jokes in the womens world cup thread youll pay more attention

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

Grimey Drawer

African AIDS cum posted:

People forget lately that sports is #1 about being entertaining. Most of the time soccer isn't anymore.

Teams should both get 0 points for games that finish 0-0

Go have a cry somewhere else dude lol

Sorry mate, did i encroach on 'rape jokes in the womens world cup thread' territory.

Tell me more

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Op, I like your idea of a shotclock, but football is so much better than basketball. How would it work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Alain Post posted:

To solve the doping problem, all Spanish clubs and players should be banned, as should the Spanish national team in international play.

Please phrase your answer in 1989 style font with accompanying logic

• Locked thread