Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Benny Harvey posted:

Personally I think it's time to start considering some kind of shot clock. We seem to be reaching a point basketball reached before it introduced a shot clock; so often teams just keep possession aimlessly rather than making a genuine attempt on goal while the other team is content to just park the bus. Obviously, a shot-clock based on possession wouldn't work in football because teams would just kick the ball out of play but it could work if it alternated between the two teams regardless of who had possession.

What about the rest of you? How do you think football could be made less defensive? What other changes do you think the Laws of the Game desperately need?

People here will mock this, but soccer is horrible to watch lately. We need bigger fields or something because doping has ruined the game. Charged up players running 12 km a match is pure misery to watch. More likely younger kids will just watch basketball and NFL as they are more exciting and more modern sports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

People forget lately that sports is #1 about being entertaining. Most of the time soccer isn't anymore.

Teams should both get 0 points for games that finish 0-0

meat CRime posted:

Im not part of the clique, but maybe if i spam rape jokes in the womens world cup thread youll pay more attention

Go have a cry somewhere else dude lol

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

They should make the games more entertaining, with more action

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Ok no more monkey cheese ideas please all

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Benny Harvey posted:

The World Cup would be cut in half though.

Have 64 teams

People would go nuts doing brackets

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Benny Harvey posted:

Why would they go nuts?

You ESL?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Benny Harvey posted:

No, I just don't know what you mean by "doing brackets".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8RjOeCSWnU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Rolling subs or more subs or something idk

Out on bail already huh Jared?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Make the sport a lot less boring to watch

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

The games are often a bore! Make them better. Change it up.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

lmaoboy1998 posted:

An extra point when you score three goals in a game.

This. Reward playing with panache. This negative poo poo is for the birds!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

lmaoboy1998 posted:

It's piss poor to watch rn and only stuffy fags think otherwise. I spend most of each match paying bills on my phone.

Yeah the sport is in serious decline from an entertainment standpoint. I used to wake up early to watch games.. The light has gone out of my life.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

There are too many "matches"

there is soccer on all the time, play a lot less games. We don't need all the league and cups and champions league and uefa league and international friendlies etc its just all too much. Cut it down

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Get rid of internationals all together. They suck rear end and are boring. Big loving fraud sham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Concussions don't cause CTE. Steroids and painkillers do. Don't believe the lib media lies. They just want male aggression banned.

• Locked thread