Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
THROW INS SHOULD BE TAKEN FROM WHERE THE BALL WENT OUT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I'm sick of watching players doing a little shuffly walk 10 yards up the pitch and then taking a 10 yard run up before throwing the ball SICK OF IT

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

I'd like to see tighter rules for what national team you can play for to stop cunts like Diego Costa

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Benny Harvey posted:

Cascarino, Lawrinson, Houghton, Townsend, Aldridge, Dunne...

E: More to the point, how many of the Ireland team speak their native language?

Their native language is English. So none of them properly

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

blue footed boobie posted:

Thus actually sounds really cool.

Do you really want Arsenal to have to defend more set pieces?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Benny Harvey posted:

I'd also like to see the final whistle blown once the ball goes out of play like they do in rugby.

I like this one

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Vegetable posted:

Because local billionaires are much better at running clubs than foreign ones?

Yes

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Famous Geordie Mike Ashley

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

African AIDS cum posted:

Yeah the sport is in serious decline from an entertainment standpoint. I used to wake up early to watch games.. The light has gone out of my life.

Whoever first realised that you can scab points easier by flooding the central midfield with cloggers is responsible

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

jyrka posted:

Here's a change for football: stop allowing England have 4 teams out! It's ridiculous. One country, one team - that's what I always say. Maybe that's why they never do well in major tournaments. Because Gareth Bale plays for Wales not England.

6 teams

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

vyelkin posted:

If you were going to do this properly it should be a bonus point for scoring three goals whether you win, lose, or draw though, like in rugby. 0 for a loss, 1 for a draw, 3 for a win, 1 for a loss scoring 3 goals, 2 for a draw scoring 3 goals, 4 for a win scoring three goals. So if it's an exciting 4-3 both teams benefit more than a poo poo 1-0.

Implement this and then be amazed when end of season Italian matches are suddenly goalfests

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

Agreed, also every 2 time zones should be allowed a maximum of 3 televised games at any 1 time. I can't keep up with it.

Alternatively there should be a channel which is a 24 hour global version of that thing NBC did where they show all the good bits from every game currently happening.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

A Europe wide football pyramid would become regional after about 2 divisions because most clubs are broke as gently caress and couldn't afford the cost of travelling round the continent every other week

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

I guess the word pyramid made me think you meant all the way down rather than just a few European super divisions.

I'd like to see some of the more irrelevant leagues merge to try to generate some interest in the face of the Prem's massive TV deal, its a shame to see former European greats unable to compete because they are stuck in a league with no money.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For all those reading along at home, "internationals" is code

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

I haven't headed a football in years what its like heading the new lighter post-jabulani balls I imagine its like heading a cloud

• Locked thread