Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

We already have the technology to prevent ref crowding, they should wear those bubble things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

If it's tied after 90 minutes and mom is already calling you inside for dinner, apply the "next goal wins" rule

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Bogan Krkic posted:

Abolish draws altogether, have a shootout at the end of every draw with the winner getting 2 points and the loser 1. Everyone wants to see goals, that way no-one will be disappointed with a 0-0 because they still get to see people score

That has been tried in third world leagues and it doesn't work, it encourages playing for the draw even more.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Bogan Krkic posted:

Determine the winner of a game based on passing metrics and other advanced stats rather than goals scored

That's more like it, I think a mix of DZ SiBoT and DBZ RoBoT would be best

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

More like send defenders to "stop being retarded" classes for flailing their arms around in the box like total idiots.

I didn't even see the penalty but usually these "undeserved" penalties are because defenders have bad discipline about where their arms are.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

That's reasonable, but adds way to much subjective judgement imo

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

jyrka posted:

I've been thinking about it and I'm now sure that having reserve teams in the league system is better than having the youngsters away on loan. It keeps the players with the team who is interested in developing them(rather than save a poo poo team from getting relegated from League 1) and it keeps them close to the main team and they could get a few matches here and there. Only downside I can think is it will look a bit silly having Chelsea win the Premiership and Chelsea 2 win the Championship.

Instead of "Big Team B" in the lower leagues, make it so that Big Team can sign "reserve contracts" with one Small Team per league (so could be just one or could be one per division) and give them money and loan players in exchange of them giving play experience to said players. This would be a win-win imo and could allow Chelsea to own 500 players but all of them get playing time and small teams benefit from dirty oil money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

That's true, I guess there should be restrictions on how many Big Team players can be in the squad and also maybe Big Team can finance the Small Team academy in exchange for first choice or a discount when buying prospects

• Locked thread