Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Benny Harvey posted:

Personally I think it's time to start considering some kind of shot clock. We seem to be reaching a point basketball reached before it introduced a shot clock; so often teams just keep possession aimlessly rather than making a genuine attempt on goal while the other team is content to just park the bus. Obviously, a shot-clock based on possession wouldn't work in football because teams would just kick the ball out of play but it could work if it alternated between the two teams regardless of who had possession.

What about the rest of you? How do you think football could be made less defensive? What other changes do you think the Laws of the Game desperately need?

I appreciate your love of the Southampton FC badge (which is extremely cool and good) but basically this:

Polidoro posted:

I don't think any of this is going to work. Let's just end football and move on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
put landmines on the pitch and snipers in the floodlight towers

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
introduce teams from the caliphate into the prem

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
mandatory minimum of one game a season against the local pub side in the carpark, kick off is after last orders

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

Football gay so what

Agreed, the womens world cup was pretty good

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

corn in the fridge posted:

i think we should have moving goalposts

definitely yes, random oscillating goalposts; whoop where is it

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

poo poo Farm posted:

ban all american liverpool, arsenal, tottenham and united fans

also ban top gear avs

This is canon

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

chuggo is BACK posted:

two goals and out

first and in

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just invite every single country to the world cup, no qualifiers so we can finally see Tonga v Germany or something

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Suqit posted:

This already happens. If the Scorps score two goals and win, free slice of pizza. Three goals
And win? Free fries from McDonalds!!!

They won 3-0 last night so guess what I'm having for lunch tomorrow... :smuggo:

Not a pie?

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hegay posted:

Ban the English band

Actually this

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Same, I love ours until they gently caress things up beyond al recognition, but until then it's sweet as

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fat gay nonce posted:

If you support multiple teams you have to wear a yellow star at all times and in the very unlikely event that you actually go to a game you have to get on a special packed train full of people like you that drops you off in a concentration camp where you will be worked to death digging graves for your fellow twats.

i don't know if i can get behind this, op. what about supporting one team but being a lazy day fan of another because they are close by?

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bogan Krkic posted:

Abolish draws altogether, have a shootout at the end of every draw with the winner getting 2 points and the loser 1. Everyone wants to see goals, that way no-one will be disappointed with a 0-0 because they still get to see people score

But have the first shots from the goal line of opposing teams and getting closer with each one that doesn't score.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Actually, gently caress it, just play first and in

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TheNakedJimbo posted:

I ran the numbers on how this would have affected the MLS season and found some interesting stuff. First, Toronto has scored 3 or more goals 10 times in 31 games (and still might miss the playoffs); with those extra 10 points they would have secured a playoff spot. Los Angeles didn't have their first 3-goal game until June 20, but has done eight of them since. Houston is currently 3 points out of a playoff spot, but would be level on points (41+6=47) with San Jose (44+3) and ahead of Portland (44+2). Every team in MLS has done at least one three-goal game, with ten of the twenty-one teams having 5 or more out of ~30 games played.

For added excitement, 3-goal games could be the tiebreaker, instead of goal differential, in which case Houston would actually be in a playoff spot instead of San Jose.

I'm going to look at the EPL later and see if it would have made a difference in who won or who got relegated.

Mmmm, loving this advanced stat trp meme, lads

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Goals ridiculously large with a series of ladders like Donkey Kong for the goalie to climb, probably best with making shots no closer than 30 yards

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Also no Roberto Carlos shots allowed

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

jyrka posted:

I've been thinking about it and I'm now sure that having reserve teams in the league system is better than having the youngsters away on loan. It keeps the players with the team who is interested in developing them(rather than save a poo poo team from getting relegated from League 1) and it keeps them close to the main team and they could get a few matches here and there. Only downside I can think is it will look a bit silly having Chelsea win the Premiership and Chelsea 2 win the Championship.

This but Sunday league pub teams

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just have FIFA overseen by drunk cunts mashing buttons in a pub every week voting on whatever needs to be sorted out at the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LionYeti posted:

Prefer that to people who murder their entire family and then themselves. Concussions are serious business and Football is shockingly bad in thier treatment of them. Each game in the top flights should have an independent doctor and if he determines there was a concussion then team gets a free sub but the subbed player is automatically out of the next match.

The gently caress are you on about?

• Locked thread