Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?

jyrka posted:

An extra sub allowed if there's an extra time, I think is a good change.

I'd like to see a free sub allowed if a player gets a concussion. The player would then have a mandatory two-week medical suspension to ensure that he is symptom-free when he returns, and also to prevent teams from cheating the system by faking head injuries in order to get a free sub.

Kick-ins (instead of throw-ins) are also a wonderful idea. I played in a rec league that did kick-ins, and it was a total blast - you were allowed to score directly from one, if you could, and in one game a guy scored a thirty-yarder against our backup goalkeeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?

African AIDS cum posted:

The games are often a bore! Make them better. Change it up.

If nobody has scored a goal in the past ten minutes, one player from each team is removed to where the fourth official stands. The rest of the game continues as normal while these two players engage in a fierce battle of keepy-uppy (they may attempt to kick, trip, or otherwise interfere with each other). A goal is awarded to the team of whichever player wins.

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

vyelkin posted:

If you were going to do this properly it should be a bonus point for scoring three goals whether you win, lose, or draw though, like in rugby. 0 for a loss, 1 for a draw, 3 for a win, 1 for a loss scoring 3 goals, 2 for a draw scoring 3 goals, 4 for a win scoring three goals. So if it's an exciting 4-3 both teams benefit more than a poo poo 1-0.

I ran the numbers on how this would have affected the MLS season and found some interesting stuff. First, Toronto has scored 3 or more goals 10 times in 31 games (and still might miss the playoffs); with those extra 10 points they would have secured a playoff spot. Los Angeles didn't have their first 3-goal game until June 20, but has done eight of them since. Houston is currently 3 points out of a playoff spot, but would be level on points (41+6=47) with San Jose (44+3) and ahead of Portland (44+2). Every team in MLS has done at least one three-goal game, with ten of the twenty-one teams having 5 or more out of ~30 games played.

For added excitement, 3-goal games could be the tiebreaker, instead of goal differential, in which case Houston would actually be in a playoff spot instead of San Jose.

I'm going to look at the EPL later and see if it would have made a difference in who won or who got relegated.

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

Suqit posted:

That's all completely irrelevant. If these rules were in place then every team plays differently than they already did and the results are completely different.

I'll grant that there were quite a few games which ended 2-1 or 2-0, where the team in the lead might have pushed extra hard for a third if this system were already implemented.

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

Vegetable posted:

Or more simply, England can just move their home ground there.

"It's another sellout crowd of sheep here at Stanley Field..."

• Locked thread