Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Benny Harvey posted:

I'm neither American nor do I like any American sports, I just think it's worthwhile to maybe take some ideas that might have worked elsewhere. What's wrong with video replays then?

Clearly you don't like the foot either so idk what this thread is about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

I would like my beloved Middlesbrough fc to play in the premier league

African AIDS cum posted:

Ok no more monkey cheese ideas please all

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

Generally I agree but Costa joined the Spain team who got humiliated at the world cup

Thank god that saved him from being in the Brazil team that got humiliated at the World Cup.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Benny Harvey posted:

But what about the freaks like Rory Delap?

He's dead, who cares.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ronniegardocki posted:

only teams who have qualified for the world cup in the last 20 years get to vote on where the world cup is held

As a corollary, only teams who have qualified for a World Cup are allowed to host it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

Abolish draws altogether, have a shootout at the end of every draw with the winner getting 2 points and the loser 1. Everyone wants to see goals, that way no-one will be disappointed with a 0-0 because they still get to see people score

Crossbar challenge imo

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

Determine the winner of a game based on passing metrics and other advanced stats rather than goals scored

Call them and tell them that they are missing the subtlety. Instead of following the ball, follow the off ball movement. Look for triangles to appear, dissolve and then reappear right before your eyes. Watch as player's heads swivel to find the man making the run for the second pass, not the first. Watch the tight control and decision making. Don't appreciate the pass that was made, appreciate the pass that wasn't because it was more difficult and less likely to be successful.

Watch the instant pressure applied once the ball is lost. Appreciate the monumental patience and discipline required to maintain possession without making foolish passes for long stretches. Realize that they are making things that are incredibly difficult to do both physically and tactically look so easy that it becomes boring.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

jyrka posted:

Ban everyone making ironic shitpost suggestions. Ban everyone who isn't serious about improving soccer.

Agreed. Gas thread, ban OP.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I thought the only allure of playing in Russia was ridiculous salaries. Why else would anyone go play in that third world wasteland?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

First two seconds of this is the best video I could find at the moment and it'll probably get nuked by UEFA soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzZeImkR8V4

Nailed on penalty for me, his arm is totally horizontal from his body.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

You could even have the opposing team's captain just constantly scream the seconds at the referee's face with no negative repercussions

Don't talk to me about women's sports.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

jyrka posted:

Well what's your suggestion then?

Eat the munchy box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Cech your privilege.

• Locked thread