Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Man I thought that the first couple of episodes of the first season were pretty good (I liked the way the state of the world was gradually revealed) and the rest of the season was decent until the last episode where it teleported off of the rails to the moon. I'm kind of glad they resolved that storyline quickly and I'm curious to see where it goes after the last week's episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Sober posted:

Only just finished episode 3 but drat if this show isn't :911: as gently caress and gets me pumped up despite the fact I'm :canada:

Also lol what the hell is with the religious nut storyline they're gonna be doing? I mean sure yeah, I expected a cult of immune people but are they seriously expecting to ambush anything more than an away team much less a bunch of bumfuck hicks take over a Navy destroyer?

btw the best part of the show is the supporting cast who are the crew that isn't the CO/XO who are immensely fun to watch. and Tex.

Yeah as a Canadian the jingoism doesn't bother me because it isn't even that intense; it even pumps me up a little. Though I'm someone who really enjoyed the President's speech in Independence Day so maybe I'm not the right one to ask. Also as a Canadian the Tim Hortons product placement throughout the series makes me smile.

Don't worry, the cult storyline is actually going somewhere aside from weird inbred hicks and I'm looking forward to seeing it to its conclusion. Aside from the Baltimore storyline (which thankfully only took up like 3 episodes) I'm really enjoying the series.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Ahahaha RIP in piss, Niels

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Burno posted:

Killing Neils is worse than suffocating your own daughters

Well you see the daughters were going to die anyway, so it's okay. Also all Niels did was kill 5 billion people through negligence and another several thousand more on purpose and presented a continued danger to unvaccinated individuals so he clearly didn't deserve to die.

Edit: The double standard here is actually explainable by Chandler thinking purely about politics, and how both the President and Niels were more useful alive as far as propaganda goes.

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 19, 2015

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Octy posted:

I liked the cute Israeli chick. :(

At least I think she was from Israel.

When characters die like she did it makes me wonder if that's the end they had planned for the character or if the actor just wanted off the show.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

That was a really satisfying episode.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

MullardEL34 posted:

How did a network that shat out five seasons of Falling Skies manage to not only greenlight this show in the first place, but actually make it good, fun, enjoyable TV?

TNT, you make me :psyboom:

The Baltimore storyline had me worried but I'm glad that they wrapped it up quickly and moved on to better stories.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

When Valkyrie hosed up and tipped off the sub that the reported locations were fake, was it an accident or did she do it on purpose? As she said, she'd go down with the ship too so there's no point in betraying them, but she was looking all shifty-eyed and the line "if I say you went any further you'd be on land" didn't match up with the map.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I rewound to watch the clothesline again because I didn't believe I just saw it. I love this show :allears:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I'd rather they do that than risk leaving a cancelled series on a cliffhanger. RIP Space: Above and Beyond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I thought Season 1 had some dumb oohrah stuff in it but was otherwise pretty strong for the most part. The only really weak part of the series was the Baltimore plot, because it was just indescribably dumb.

• Locked thread