Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

I haven't watched this but my friend told me about it. Let me get this straight - 80% of the population is dead, there's pretty much worldwide chaos, and these guys are still all "Rah Rah USA! USA!"? So much so that they go on a hunt to find some 18th-in-line whatever of the presidency? For what - is he some sort of expert at apocalypse scenarios?

When the world breaks down so completely, it's pretty silly to keep pretending like "The United States of America" means anything anymore. It didn't sound like there was much in-show justification for this America worship, from my friend's description. Am I wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

ukle posted:

Nope. Show is legitimately good, was flaky at times first series but now its full bore 'We are US Navy at all times' and as such all actions when seen in those eyes all make sense.

Sounds like taking the premise that ST:Voyager got completely wrong (ship maintains federation niceties and protocols even when 70,000 light years away) and doubling down on it.

• Locked thread