Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
Since a number of posts in the Falling Skies hatewatching thread were dedicated to The Last Ship, I figured I'd get a thread going for season 2, since there currently isn't one.

If anyone else wants to add to this OP, message me and I'll update it.
Plot Synopsis from IMDB:

quote:

Naval Destroyer Nathan James is sent on what they're told is a research mission in the Arctic. Accompanying them is scientist, Rachel Scott. After a few months in the Arctic while Scott is on the ice doing research, some men attack them. They get back to the ship and the Commander, Tom Chandler asks the doctor what's going on. She says that a deadly disease broke out a few months ago. At first, they thought it was contained but they had no cure. They felt that the cure was in the Arctic which why she's here. But she has since received word that it has now spread to most of the globe. Chandler tries to call the President but learns the President and Vice President are dead and the US government might not have long to survive. The current President tells him that the Nathan James was not in the hot zone so he and his crew are OK. But now it's up to them to safeguard Scott because she holds the key to the planet's survival. But there are those who want the cure too and they will do whatever they have to, to get it. So they keep going and trying to find supplies and what they need so Scott can make the cure.

Episode 5 "Solace" Airs Sunday, July 5th, 2015.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jul 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Octy posted:

I'm glad someone finally made a thread. This show is still terrible, but drat it, I love watching it.

It's the TV equivalent of drinking an ice cold cheap beer on a hot summer day, trashy but immensely enjoyable in the moment.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jul 5, 2015

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

How did a network that shat out five seasons of Falling Skies manage to not only greenlight this show in the first place, but actually make it good, fun, enjoyable TV?

TNT, you make me :psyboom:

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Solid season finale but...
DEWEY CROWE! :argh:
It looks like "Dewey" shot Dr. Scott in the shoulder, it's nice to see that his Character's general incompetence has been carried over from Justified.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Sep 7, 2015

• Locked thread