Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

hollylolly posted:

I thought "my mom was killing undesirables in Baltimore" girl was awfully far up on her high horse when dealing with Val. :colbert:

"If you double-cross us, I'll kill you myself run away and get shot in the stomach by a panicked security guard. Just ask the crew, they know I'll do it!" :smuggo:

Yeah, that and the terrible "trust us, this is the view through the binoculars" shot of the Nathan James that they used constantly during the fight for the rocket artillery were the dumbest parts of the episode. Curing a child through the power of tearful hugs was a close runner-up.

"Doctor, we've never tested this method on people, shouldn't we give them the tried-and-true shot just to make sure?"

"No. It worked - I know it."

I'm sure the girl's parent felt super reassured after overhearing that exchange. :rolleyes:

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Oh, I enjoy this show plenty, don't get me wro-

Khablam posted:

The whole final scene with the "we printed you an Oval Naval Office like in the pictures MISTER PRESIDENT" was super cringe-worthy but the rest of the episode was some surprisingly watchable thriller action.

Excuse me sir, I don't think you're :freep: enough for this show. Please turn in your badge flag on the way out. :colbert:

-----

ukle posted:

Only issue is that now they need a new ship as there one is hosed and would need months of dry dock time. Thankfully there are tons of them back in the naval yards.

Or they could take it in a new direction, where the program is called Last Ship but they dont actually have a ship anymore as they abandoned it as it was virtually worthless.

With ship in pretty bad shape, season 3 being a road trip back to Norfolk through the infected homeland could be interesting. Especially if the huggable cure turns out to be something bad somehow.

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 4, 2015

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

nah, they're going to trudge it out through the series in the nathan james, just like bsg

I expect - and hope - that to be true. Season Five better see it patched to hell, fused with salvaged pieces of other ships, and using a pair of Abrams tanks as improvised deck guns.

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 4, 2015

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

aircraft carrier

Sure. Even more space to park tanks. :colbert:

Alternatively:

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Sep 4, 2015

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets