Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Only just finished episode 3 but drat if this show isn't :911: as gently caress and gets me pumped up despite the fact I'm :canada:

Also lol what the hell is with the religious nut storyline they're gonna be doing? I mean sure yeah, I expected a cult of immune people but are they seriously expecting to ambush anything more than an away team much less a bunch of bumfuck hicks take over a Navy destroyer?

btw the best part of the show is the supporting cast who are the crew that isn't the CO/XO who are immensely fun to watch. and Tex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Caught up and drat that is definitely some escalation. Crazy immune Europeans in a nuclear sub seems just crazy enough.

I've only ever maybe watched 2 sub movies so I don't know exactly if that was any good but drat if they did a good job of making it pretty tense to watch.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Ninurta posted:

For an American rah-rah-rah show, American Exceptionalism just got planted on it's rear end.
I guess all the crazy rednecks died out

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Xenoborg posted:

Anyone notice that one of the boxes they were bringing inside was a case of BAWLS?
Well it is technically the end of the world. I mean the crew on the Nathan James just has to grit their teeth and drink Tim Horton's coffee these days.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Mr_Ruckus posted:

This episode convinced me it's pretty much Star Trek on a Navy ship. This week they went to the planet where kids run things.
There's a dearth of those kinds of shows these days so I'll take what I can get.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

BattleMaster posted:

When characters die like she did it makes me wonder if that's the end they had planned for the character or if the actor just wanted off the show.
Probably planned. She was in from like episode 4 or so onwards. Besides, if she really wanted off the show she would've just died in the explosion I'm guessing. Both her and the engineering dude were the only named side characters to die, the other two were pure redshirts I don't think we'd seen before.

Although I find it pretty odd that fighting the enemy sub, no one dies but they get merked by a bunch of :911: gun nuts who had a cache of RPGs in the back of their boat, what a drat shame.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

I think it's a good show. Not stellar, not prestige drama 4th dimensional chess brilliant, but at the very least very competent and actually engaging.

I don't think anyone as of this season is even hatewatching it, much less maybe half or 2/3's of the way through the first. Compare this to other summer fare like Under the Dome or Falling Skies.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

This episode was legitimately good TV, despite what you think of the show or what flaws it has at times.

Also I assume next week is a cooldown kind of finale given what they did this episode.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Not gonna lie, that trailer looks amazing.

Who thought we'd get a third season way back in season 1? I sure didn't.

Dichen Lachmann and Bridget Reagan tho

and fightin :china:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Khablam posted:

Legit excited for this lovely loving show that is also the best loving show.
Nah, the show is legit. The only thing that might cause some second-hand embarrassment is the hoo-rah-rah-JOIN-THE-NAVY-iness of it especially in season 1. Season 2 is pretty a decent action show. Especially considering it's not superheroes. It still has its flaws but it's really hard to find a show that wants to be an action show first outside of a few terrible stinkers or looking in premium cable. It's also very Galactica-esque. I mean I wouldn't say it's anywhere in hall of fame TV like BSG but the underlying format of the show is like BSG, or if Star Trek was about intentionally landing at port and then shooting bad guys with ship guns and missiles.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

S3 premieres tonight. I know what I'm watching after GOT!

But yeah I think we need another thread. Unless someone wants to jump in I'm willing to do a quick and dirty OP to get us started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

It got pulled because of the shooting last night. Apparently s3 opens up with a night club shooting.
Oh drat, I figured it had to be related somehow. But yeah. I guess it'll be coming along next week.

• Locked thread