Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

If you see the show as basically Andromeda or Star Trek, with Chandler as Captain Kirk and they visit a new planet every week as they try to restore The Federation/Commonwealth and meet crazy weird people and societies you'll enjoy it a lot more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I feel like we missed a scene between their arrival back on the ship and putting President Duck Phillips in the brig where he started ranting about how none of these people were "Chosen."

You'd think he would have given up on the whole True Believer philosophy when he saw a fully functional naval ship with Non Immunes who were cured.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Khablam posted:

Did anyone else wave their flag with tears streaming down their face, at the beauty of this most patriotic of foreshadowing?

The whole final scene with the "we printed you an Oval Naval Office like in the pictures MISTER PRESIDENT" was super cringe-worthy but the rest of the episode was some surprisingly watchable thriller action.

e: I can't actually think of a scenario in fiction or reality that's ever been more "eggs in one basket" than the Nathan James is right now.

- Only stock of the cure? Check
- Only schematic of the cure? Check
- Only scientist likely to be able to synthesise the cure? Check
- Seemingly the only capable Navy vessel? Check
- President of the USA? Check

All they need now is a rag tag fleet and a whiteboard. :allears:

I'm not sure quite why they didn't just logic bomb President Duck with "well are you going to be President of the US or President of The Immunes, because if it's the latter we're not under any obligation to follow your drat orders" but I guess it all worked out.

It'll be interesting to see if he actually takes charge and makes good decisions or if he just remains a bumbling, easily led figurehead.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Trailer Summary:

:getin:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

So I'm watching the "First Look" which seems to be the entire first episode.

Chandler is now the Chief of Naval Operations, but chose to stay a Captain (because he saw Generations, he knows what's up). The XO is now captain of the Nathan James, but they have a couple of other ships now). President Duck seems to still be doing a good job. Biggest news: the Doctor did actually die at the end of Season 2!

Even worse, apparently Tex is now off the show. :(

• Locked thread