Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

counterfeitsaint posted:

I'm not super well versed in naval warfare, but I thought destroyers were best at tracking subs, while cruisers and carriers and (formerly) battleships were more vulnerable to them.

Destroyers were originally small fast ships with light guns to fight enemy torpedo boats the big guns could not hit. Then someone realized they could just stick torpedoes on the destroyers and do away with torpedo boats.
These days the Navy calls ships as large as a WW2 heavy cruiser a destroyer to fool Congress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
They're moving this storyline with the 'president' in some unexpected directions.

"Look at him, he's being held against his will"
"Nah, he's just an rear end in a top hat bad with crowds"
"Welcome aboard Mr. President, let me show you your place in the brig"

The sub/ship scene was a bit dumb with suddenly the NJ being unable to launch the helo for tension reasons but the kitchen fight was great. Good to see Israeli girl not doing some krav maga poo poo but just stabbing with the cutlery at hand.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
For a second there I though Dr. Scott would go for a vivisection when she started to make room on a table. Good to see the Rhona Mitra from Strike Back there instead of her just talking tech stuff.

• Locked thread