Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

kreeningsons posted:

Good poo poo. What’s the protein here? (I’m assuming that’s what the red stuff is)

Oh! That time it was the trader joes soy chorizo, but I like doing lentil tacos too. Specifically very similar to this (chorizo lentils) or I see someone reproduced the soy chorizo here, so I'll absolutely be testing that recipe/customizing as none of my family do much of this style with allspice or cinnamon, but absolutely cook with the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

drk posted:

thanks for this

I made the chorizo lentils using red lentils and ate them over brown rice with avocado and pineapple (dont judge)

very good, would make again. the recipe is aggressively spiced, would probably increase the lentils and broth by a bit

Don't judge? Hell, that sounds delicious to me. I'm onboard the pineapple train. :getin:

I would skip the jalapenos due to how they seasoned the rest though. I use this for making taco mix - I find it pretty reliable, make a double batch to last a while.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/46653/taco-seasoning-i/ , skipping red pepper flakes and doing half black pepper depending on if you like the taste of the ones you have.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 28, 2024

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Ghost Cactus posted:

Do you have a recipe or guidelines for this in the instant pot? It looks delicious!

I do! Absolutely a favorite for us and made often.

Feasting at home instant pot minestrone . Note they also link to a gremolata recipe that mixes with it and absolutely makes the soup amazing. For that I use our extra small 2 cup food processor to blend everything.

The gremolata is awesome on its own and mixes with tons of dishes.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
As usual, cooking and cooking and cooking!

A black bean bowl with roasted plantains and garlic rice :

Very hardy lentil pasta with crumbled tvp sausage and pecan Parmesan on top. Intentionally high protein/ultra filling.

Roasted red pepper soup, a total family fave.

And:

rice wraps (nearly spring rolls) with julienned carrots, sweet potatoes, cucumber, green onions, cilantro , baked tofu and a special and extremely delicious miso sauce. We swap the ginger for powdered for simplicity of recipe/lighten the ginger strength. Our daughter loves this food combo because she can make her own wraps and will make a fruit inspired one with banana and peanut butter inside. This time she liked it enough to make a regular one (blue shirt cameo, she was proud! :3: ). We use basically any thai rice wraps that we're happy with from medium size to large, round or square. We grab a giant dinner plate and fill it with water to soak the wraps.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Mar 31, 2024

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I was looking at making my own tahini until reading a lot of vitamix posts taking about how blending the sunflower seeds to make tahini somehow tends to frequently kill a vitamix. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Ghost Cactus posted:

Made this last weekend and it was amazing! The gremolata is greater than the sum of its parts.

It really is, it's shocking. It makes the soup because the gremolata is *that* good. I mean it's a great, simple soup in the first place, but yeah I would not hesitate for a second to put that gremolata on basically anything.