Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Make the kale soup ASAP. It is very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Anyone have a good borscht recipe? I'm craving it but feel like something a bit different than a pot of whatever is handy in the larder beet soup I usually crank out.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Let's say a guy has a dirt cheap rice cooker and 1.5 kilos of buckwheat groats. Any reason the cooker wouldn't work for a batch of kasha while trying to keep the kitchen cooler than running a propane burner for twenty minutes?

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

dino. posted:

3 of the rice cooker "cups" of kasha. Fill to the 4 cup line.

EDIT: You have a tiny one. 1 1/2 of the rice cooker "cups" of kasha. Fill to the 2 cup line. The same ratio works when I'm making brown rice, millet, and quinoa.

Ich danke Ihnen.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Produce prices are the only thing California has that manages to make me jealous.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Temps above freezing are for pussies. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Made a batch of red red:

And really need to do plantains more often. :yum: