Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

schadenfraud
Nov 19, 2010
Does anyone have a good source of recipes for celebration food? I've been googling, but there's a lot of dross.

My sister has recently gone vegan (doctor's orders!) after many years as a veggie and is coming to mine for Easter. It's just her and her other half who will be eating the vegan option (parents are also coming and dad in particular is a big meat eater), so wouldn't need to be massive, but any pointers greatly appreciated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schadenfraud
Nov 19, 2010

Eeyo posted:

Well the traditional easter food (at least in the midwest) is ham.

Are you looking to stick with the traditional holiday feast format? If so I'd recommend looking for a baked seitan recipe of some sort. Seitan is good on its own merits in my opinion. It's got a nice texture, and is easily seasoned to your liking. Plus it makes good sandwiches, so you can send your sister home with whatever's left!

Ham? Really? It's lamb here (UK) - ham if for like Christmas Eve or Boxing Day (26th).

Thanks for the advice, though re Seitan. I've found a baked tofu recipe too that I'm going to try out myself this evening too (not going to serve it unless I know it's nice) - wish me luck!