Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Lady Disdain posted:

Couscous salad was a success !

I tossed cauliflower, pumpkin, sweet potato, red onion, zucchini and beetroot in oil, salt, pepper, and ground coriander, cumin and fennel seed. Roasted at 200C until done.
Fried garlic in the oil from a jar of sundried tomatoes, then toasted the couscous in it, then cooked according to package directions, using veggie stock.
Combined it all with some cucumber, dried apricots, walnuts, vegan fetta, and an orange juice, red wine vinegar and olive oil dressing.
It was meant to have fresh mint but I forgot it, and capsicum but there wasn't enough room in the container.
I also should've used more dressing, and let it sit in the dressing longer than I did; I gave it about 6 hours, but it could've done with a good 12.

All in all, a solid 9/10.

That sounds and looks tres bien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I've never even heard of Ber or chikoo.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Something I picked up recently to add a bit of flavour to rice dishes with a tomato-based sauce - when one fluffs the rice after it's been steaming, add the zest of a lime + the juice of half of it. This is really simple and obviously not a recipe in any way, but it made my dishes taste so much better I just had to share it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Can I ask how you cook your okra? I find that when I try and cook 'em (from frozen, I admit) they become very 'sludgy'.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

My partner made some home-made sunflower seed tofu based off this recipe and I HIGHLY recommend it. Without anything other than a light frying in salted oil (eaten in a general stir fry), they gave a wonderfully nutty, almost beefy taste. VERY good.