Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XenJ
Aug 1, 2014
Hello I'm new here in Vegan Food.
Just found the link to this thread in the what should I watch on streaming thread and start reading now.
I don' t eat animals since I was 15 in short a long time but I never did the step to go complete vegan.
Cheese and milk are still a part of my food but I'm allways open to nice new vegan recipes and the nowledge of food that isn't good, not bio or fake (bio labeld but only to make ISK)

In Europe we have a app that isn't perfect but a good start to easy photograph the barcode to get infos about ingredients.
codecheck
Sadly it is full of comercials but for beginners to get an Idea what a lot of :airquote:poison:airquote: poo poo is in some food it is a good start with more as a million user and the option to comment every product, It has nearly for everything a match and could be helpful until Inrfood is available for Android too.

In the next days I have more time and want to share a recipe with Pistachio, poppy, basil and dried tomatoes on a Potato pound base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XenJ
Aug 1, 2014
Thank you for the link

XenJ
Aug 1, 2014

CrazySalamander posted:

Someone in the general thread posted a link to vegan chocolate chip cookies: https://www.americastestkitchen.com/guides/vegan-for-everybody/vegan-chocolate-chip-cookies

It's going behind the paywall soon so grab it while you can.

Thats a nice recipe but i would change for me the vanilla extract to real vanilla if you have a good store it costes nearly the same and you can use the empty vanilla pod to pimp your coffee (If you use a french press).
The suggar i would change to an coconut blossom sugar because the index of this sugar is only at 40% but the taste and sweetness is nearly the same.

Thank you for the link.

Aquestion at last please. What is the general thread you wrote about?

XenJ
Aug 1, 2014

CrazySalamander posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3465868

It's the general chat thread for this subforum. I wouldn't recommend reading through the whole thing- just go to the last page and keep up on new posts.

Ah ok thx ... I use the forum mostly with the app so its sometimes hard to find if you joind a thread with a link. Or I' just too stupid ggg