Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Anyone have an idea about recipes for imitations of

http://www.madebylukas.com/

?

I feel like this might be near the line of "Real Food" but I would like to point out these aren't trying to imitate meat at all and instead are a way of presenting vegetable flavors in the format of a burger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Anyone ever make their own seitan? I've been really enjoying it lately, but I'm not down with $6 for 8oz of wheat gluten.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I'm seeing a lot of recipes call for 1-1.5 cups of vital wheat gluten. A quick glance at amazon shows me I can get ~20 recipes worth of the stuff for $30. So that on the surface seems cheaper than $6 per meal from the store. I'll have to poke around chinatown and see if they sell it for less than $6 for 250g.

Edit: gently caress, Beaten.

I see a number of recipes calling for chickpea flour as well as high gluten flour. Anyone try these?

Sextro fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Aug 24, 2018

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I've a friend who is both vegan and actually-for-real-allergic to a good amount of things so I keep a few extra pieces around to cook with when she's having dinner at my place.

Seems a logical extension of people asking for foil to be put on a grill before you make their veggies/allergy safe alternative.