Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cat posts.txt
Oct 16, 2023

I recently had to switch to vegan eating because I got an alpha-gal allergy which evolved into a poultry allergy too and I was wondering what everyone's go to quick lunches were. Right now mine's pasta + frozen veggies + noosh but I'm sure I could inject more flavor in there

Also for thanksgiving I'm going to a big one and cooking something so my decision was like 20 sweet potatoes . So everyone can have a sweet potato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat posts.txt
Oct 16, 2023

Thanks for the lunch suggestions! I'm not sure why I hadn't considered hummus - I actually like it a lot, lol. I ended up making a huge thing of veggie stock the other day to use over the next coupla weeks.

I also need to buy a rice maker already because I eat a ton - recently bought about 2 pounds of pre-flavored coconut ginger rice because it was on sale, and rice + bean burritos have started being my breakfast fix.

E: Side note on my food allergies. Technically I can still eat eggs and seafood, but I was vegetarian before I got those allergies and decided yk, I've wanted to be vegan for a while anyways so it's a good excuse. :shrug:

cat posts.txt
Oct 16, 2023

Veg thanksgiving stuff was a success, of the 8 sweet potatoes 6 got eaten and I also made a veg green bean casserole that got completely demolished. :)

cat posts.txt
Oct 16, 2023

I used this recipe for the casserole but subbed oil for butter and made my own fried onions instead of storebought (which imo....way, way better lol).

cat posts.txt
Oct 16, 2023

Do you have a recipe for the turnip greens? All of that looks amazing but I always end up gifted a ton of turnip greens (and turnips) when they're in season so I'm always looking for new recipes.

Side note: sliced raw turnips are amazing for snacking, highly recommend + some hummus for dipping. They have a slightly sharp and earthy taste.

cat posts.txt
Oct 16, 2023

Been sick lately so I decided to make this recipe to have something warm and comforting without relying on chicken noodle soup. Man that is RICH. It's delicious, but it ended up being too much on a sickly tummy. Still, definitely saving it for a literal rainy day when I'm not sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat posts.txt
Oct 16, 2023

Question, I couldn't find a thread (maybe I missed it) for asking where to eat in certain cities, so.

I'm moving to Minneapolis soon and was curious if anyone had recommendations for vegan or vegetarian restaurants! I'd like to get into the habit of supporting local places vs visiting the same 5 "has vegan thing on menu" chain places.