Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mata
Dec 23, 2003

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Sounds good; what about the chili crisp? Something like this? https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/chile-crisp/

Lao Gan Ma is a popular brand of chili oil with Szechuan peppers and is downright addictive. It does a lot more work in a dish than normal chili oil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mata
Dec 23, 2003

Zenithe posted:

I’m 99% sure there is no Szechuan pepper in the regular version.

I was like 70% sure there was, so I went to the fridge and checked. The most basic "Crispy Chilli in oil" contains sichuan peppercorns, as do the black bean, tofu, et al variants. But they have a lot of other sauces as well.
For example their Toban Djan, which I picked up on a whim. I later found out it's sort of like a saltier chinese gochujang. Of the recipes I looked into, this one seemed the most promising. I did a trial run without roasting all the vegetables and procuring the black garlic, and the flavors seem to check out. I think I'll give it a go with the real ingredients soon

Mata fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 16, 2020

Mata
Dec 23, 2003

VictualSquid posted:

How long can I store self made Hummus in the fridge? And can I freeze it?

Cover it with a thin layer of olive oil to extend it's lifespan, but i think it'll start tasting funky and sour after a few weeks. Never tried freezing it...