Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

I'm hosting a BBQ and want to make vegan burgers to accommodate all guests. Does anyone have a favorite recipe or should I just buy pre-packaged ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

TychoCelchuuu posted:

There are lots of good options. These black bean burgers are neat, and I like these although they're kind of time-intensive. Really though you can just mash up some black beans and whatever else sounds good (onions, garlic, bread crumbs, hot peppers, tomatoes, many spices, etc. etc. etc.) and you'll be good to go so long as you adjust the moisture. I wouldn't buy pre-packaged ones unless you're also buying pre-packaged meat burgers - the quality of the two is pretty much the same, which is to say pre-packaged is way inferior to homemade.

I ended up sort of following this advice and doing black beans, mushrooms, brown rice, onions, garlic, panko and spices. They looked good but didn't hold they're shape super well on the grill. Guests still ate them all up before I got a chance to see if they tasted any good.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Does anyone have any ideas for a dip or spread to go with sourdough bread, that I can make a day ahead and will do fine sitting out at a party? Fallback is some kind of flavored hummus I guess.