Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm thinking about getting Mario Bros. Adhauhadhurudhdududuruduhdudrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Beecock.

i didn't know that was out yet. glad to see the bee suit is making a comeback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

apropos to nothing posted:

this is the thread for asking if a game is good or not and whether you should play it. I wanna get Invisible inc. cause it sounds like a cross between xcom and stealth games which both own. Should I play this game???

seems interesting....NOT!

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

It's a fun, nice looking game and I wouldn't mind playing a sequel. Might not be too far fetched because I think the dev team that made it recently broke off from their original publishing partners and took the IP with them or something.

it got cancelled like right after bulletstorm came out because it bombed, so they made a gears of war game

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Should I play a game?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

SM64Guy posted:

it got cancelled like right after bulletstorm came out because it bombed, so they made a gears of war game

It was a really fun game with some neat little twists on the conventional FPS genre, surprised it didn't do better. They make dirty jokes and you get bonus points for killing in cool ways 10/10 would play again.

I ended up slide kicking everywhere like Jean Claude Van Damme on ice.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Squeezy Farm posted:

Should I play a game?

yes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

Motherfucker!

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

apparently after guacamelee (owns so far) and axiom verge (haven't played it, In Training hates it) I have something called Environmental Station Alpha on my list of metroidlikes to play

the art kind of looks like rear end from screens but how's the game?

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Should I play a game?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Yes!

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

rediscover posted:

i heard that bulletstorm was poo poo, is that not the case

i replay it like 2-3 times per year

it owns

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
should i play sta rbound?
i already know it is bad

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Ahundredbux posted:

i already know it is bad

do not play starbound

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
should I reinstall mine craft

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

frank.club posted:

should I reinstall mine craft
Do you enjoy Minecraft?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

what's this?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

zeal posted:

what's this?

Bulletstorm

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

i already know it is bad

if you know something's bad why would you play it

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Do you enjoy Minecraft?

my question already had its answer...

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
should I play the first dead space?
i'm not easily scared and I've played through the 3rd before

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dead space one is the way tilted to the horror side over action. It's great. My tip is to play with the music sfx turned all the way down. This eliminates the musical cues when necros pop out of vents

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

frank.club posted:

dead space one is the way tilted to the horror side over action. It's great. My tip is to play with the music sfx turned all the way down. This eliminates the musical cues when necros pop out of vents

well I tend to be in it more for the action sequences, but I'll give it a shot, thanks

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

have any imp zoners played Expeditions: Conquistador? it looks really cool and is on sale for $12, but could also be janky and weird.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ahundredbux posted:

well I tend to be in it more for the action sequences, but I'll give it a shot, thanks

You should try out 2. It's got a good blend and is one of my favorite games. DS1 has good boss fights though

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

frank.club posted:

You should try out 2. It's got a good blend and is one of my favorite games. DS1 has good boss fights though

Well, i only own 1 and 3 cause they came with that EA bundle a while back

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Frog Act posted:

have any imp zoners played Expeditions: Conquistador? it looks really cool and is on sale for $12, but could also be janky and weird.

I played it but found it kinda meh. its not really janky but I couldnt really get into it at all

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

apropos to nothing posted:

I played it but found it kinda meh. its not really janky but I couldnt really get into it at all

how come? no unique mechanisms, no cool historical insight, or is it just kinda bland and generic?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ahundredbux posted:

Well, i only own 1 and 3 cause they came with that EA bundle a while back

I think they're all really fun.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Frog Act posted:

how come? no unique mechanisms, no cool historical insight, or is it just kinda bland and generic?

yeah there just wasnt anything that felt too interesting about it overall

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

apparently after guacamelee (owns so far) and axiom verge (haven't played it, In Training hates it) I have something called Environmental Station Alpha on my list of metroidlikes to play

Axiom Verge looks cool but I keep hearing the charm wears off quick because controls are clunky among other things

Environmental Station Alpha is pretty sweet, still need to win it though. the dev had to tone down the difficulty after release because of complaints, recently added a boss rush challenge mode. he's a goon fwiw

I'm on the fence about hotline miami 2, should I play

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
hotline miami 2 is very good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Should I play Super Mario World?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

poo poo yeah

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Play Mario 3 instead.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hm. How about The Legnd of Zelda: Majora's Mask, or Metroid Prime?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

metroid prime, easy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hm. Dragon Quest VIII? Shadow of the Colossus? Burnout 3: Takedown? All games I should play? Earthbound?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sorry for trolling, I'm not even playing a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

In Training posted:

Sorry for trolling, I'm not even playing a game.

this is highly illegal

• Locked thread