Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Two notes and a question:

1. What was that you highlighted in the background at one point? I couldn't understand what you said.

2. The reason kick was removed in retro is probably because it's silent- if its length is timed to the rhythm, you won't have the same sort of barometer for it.

Simply Simon posted:

This is quite nice to watch, though the retro levels give me eyestrain, and nothing gives me eyestrain, it's weird.

3. The devs appear to have applied a subtle effect to the screen on retro that causes subtle flickering and burned in areas to simulate pixel burn and other old screen effects- that's probably what's causing it.

I'm really looking forward to this LP, even as I become curious about the rest of the series- it's all way beyond my ability, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Wugga, I think you might be underestimating the degree to which your skillz differentiate you from other players of this game. I really think the simplicity of the early levels(even odyssey) is necessary for neophyte superspeedytwitchmemoriperfectionists.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Really great LP- thanks for suffering through it. I'm looking forward to any future projects.

• Locked thread