Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There's really nothing gross about the series. It's really good at not making things creepy, even the fanservicey stuff by the fanservicey character is comical rather than titillating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Covok posted:

I guess the anime recognized that the later parts of the manga were received better than the earlier parts and is trying to get to those stories faster.

Could the MAID CAFE be a possibility? I certainly hope so :unsmigghh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

oh please

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CommissarMega posted:

Oh jesus. I wasn't even thinking about that but if it results in THE SMILE or THE LAUGHING animated, I will forgive any missteps the series has had if it pulls them off right.

Those are the enelfaces of their respective face types.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

It'd be a perfect fit for the post-credit clips!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I will never forgive them if they animate the maid cafe and ruin it. :stare:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Shimada what the gently caress :staredog:

e: also they're really changing the order of events, makes watching it a bit more exciting not knowing whats gonna happen next week.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Definitely wasn't expecting big little Aizawa so soon. It's good that they're getting to the actual funny bits now too.

That OP is still hideously bad though.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
It seems as if they're building up the principal for a big introduction. Which is too bad, because by the more most recent chapters they're starting to dip into she's just annoying.

harley
Sep 2, 2004

StandardVC10 posted:

It seems as if they're building up the principal for a big introduction. Which is too bad, because by the more most recent chapters they're starting to dip into she's just annoying.

She's the best part of the manga.

harley fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jul 29, 2015

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014

harley posted:

Agreed. For me the manga went from being really really good to being the best rom-com ever when her character appeared.

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."

harley posted:

Seriously.

I have to say, this episode was a big improvement, and I appreciate the way they are mixing the new with the old. Otherwise a 13 episode series is going to waste most of its runtime on mediocre romcom junk. It wasn't a perfect execution, but I enjoyed it.

Sakurazuka posted:

That OP is still hideously bad though.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Was not expecting Koyama voicing Shiragami's dad

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Looks like we'll be getting Shiho the werewolf next episode. It's been so long since I read that part of the manga that I've forgotten it, so whatever, bring it on.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Some seriously bad music in this anime. Not just the op and ed, but this time also a horrible insert.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I guess I'm in the non-existent minority saying that I don't mind the OP! v:shobon:v

e: ed is still poo poo though.

ee: WOW OK. WHAT WAS THAT

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Aug 5, 2015

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Zeruel posted:

I guess I'm in the non-existent minority saying that I don't mind the OP! v:shobon:v

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXbj0JfKb0c

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I wanna kick whoever picked the music for this show in the head.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

I've really started to like Kuromine's voice actor.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Having watched up to episode 4, the pacing on this show might actually be better than the manga. Shame about everything else.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
It's getting better, but that music is still just awful.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol that insert song.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
On this thread's recommendation I read the manga up to chapter 87. Good stuff, but man unless they're hoping to go 2-3 seasons I don't see how they can get too far into the material.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Agronox posted:

On this thread's recommendation I read the manga up to chapter 87. Good stuff, but man unless they're hoping to go 2-3 seasons I don't see how they can get too far into the material.

They're mushing things around and I think that's how they plan to hit the A-material asap.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
A good episode, I thought. I like Class Rep's voice actress. Not fond of the nosebleed trope but I guess I'd better get used to it.

BTW, I only started watching these things within the last year, so what is this BL she was talking about? Or do I not want to know?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Agronox posted:

A good episode, I thought. I like Class Rep's voice actress. Not fond of the nosebleed trope but I guess I'd better get used to it.

BTW, I only started watching these things within the last year, so what is this BL she was talking about? Or do I not want to know?

BL is Boy's Love. Exactly what it says on the tin. :gay:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Agronox posted:

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Agronox posted:

Don't Become An Otaku, Agronox!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
It may be too late and I'm becoming a middle-aged version of Konata. gently caress baseball where's the anime

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I can't believe people hate the ED song, the goofy JPop is a brilliant and excellent way to close out each episode.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
キタ━━━━━━(゜∀゜)━━━━━━ッ!!
The Principal has arrived in full force. Her voice is more girly than I imagined, but I think it'll be fine.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

A good episode.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Both ED and OP for this show own, gently caress tha haters.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

GodDAMN that end segment!!! :laffo:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Yesss I was waiting for the principal's introduction. The faces were in full force!

Also can someone please .gif the bit where the principal's teeth were scrolling past each other? That was way too funny.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Reiche posted:

Also can someone please .gif the bit where the principal's teeth were scrolling past each other? That was way too funny.

That was the best unexpected face.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Aizawa's spaceship is the first definitive improvement over the manga so far, IMO. That ridiculous design works better with sound and motion.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
A better gif wizard than I could probably remove the camera zoom out but I tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, while the faces were good, i think they upped the fanservice a little too much, while at the same time somehow missing Kuomoto's part in the proceedings :(

• Locked thread