Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Does this have more or less anime titty than the other monster girl anime?

Basically zero anime titty, judging from the manga. Also, no panty flashes either, so you can pretty much drop the comparison to a certain other famous vampire girl harem manga right at the premise.

Despite not watching much anime each season, I'm totally on board for this one, if only to see if the team is up to the task of faithfully recreating the manga's amazing, lovely faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Allarion posted:

It has the same director as Servant x Service and Squid Girl, so that's something to keep in mind.

Also here's a PV since still promotional images aren't that useful here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEXDuPAZGT0

Moé blush everywhere -- all the time!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Wow. Just ... wow. It's pretty painfully obvious that the art team really just doesn't "get" the manga. Like, it wouldn't necessarily take any much more budget to be accurate to the original goofiness of it, rather than taking the generic bishoujou show route.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

It's the job of the character designer, iirc from Shirobako, and the animation director to make sure the style is consistent with whatever style they're going with. I will, however, echo some of the statements that it seems to keep pretty close with the original since the unique style most manga readers are used to doesn't show up until later.

Yeah, but even at the beginning it wasn't quite your generic wide-eyes moe style either.

He had a fairly unique style, sort of realistic, and almost more like a ( heavily manga-influenced) Western comic.

Anyway!! It's only episode 1 after all. Let's still give it a shot.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved the OP.

• Locked thread