Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

If you watched this show and haven't read the manga, please post because I want to hear your opinion most of all

Felt pretty ehhh on it, there were some decent jokes but nothing I'd write home about. Just kinda seems like it's gonna get into a a familiar comedic formula and that's perfectly fine but I have a bunch of other comedy things in my backlog so I can't really see myself following it weekly.

I feel like they could have cut out most of the buildup to the reveal without losing a whole lot, I don't think it needed half an episode to get to that point (And I felt the second half was better as a result).

Also I didn't dislike the OP? Could have been a more energetic one I guess but I didn't mind the song.

I would ramble on a little more but welp gotta leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Covok posted:

Hmm, I feel this is probably a common sentiment. The first episode wasn't that great. To be honest, first chapter wasn't that great. Fans of the manga will stick with it because we know it gets good a few chapters in, but, by then, most people will have bailed out.

A lot of shows of this type get way better once character introductions are over so I'd be real surprised if it didn't improve after that. Even the classics like Urusei Yatsura have a huge leap in quality between its best and its starting point.

It's something I'd certainly be willing to give a little time to see how it improves, though I'm in no hurry and will probably wait for some episodes to pile up first.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Anime is good and being self depreciating about liking it, isn't.

• Locked thread