Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sadly, at only one season's worth of episodes, we'll get some fun stuff, but since the manga only gets better and better as it goes on, the anime won't reach those particularly great ones, unless they cut and replace some stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Rodyle posted:

That OP is a really special kind of terrible

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

nielsm posted:

Don't particularly like the art style, seems like far too strong outlines, it doesn't fit the "goofy faces" thing that's supposedly a primary draw of the manga's?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yeah, some of the comedic timing was off, and it has its rather ugly moments as far as the art goes, but it was a step up. I got used to Aizawa's voice fairly quickly, though Shiragami still doesn't sound right to me.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

So yeah, as expected, they definitely rearranged some more stuff since the manga introduced Mikan before Aizawa, but I didn't expect them to introduce the glasses so soon. Now all bets are off.

For those who've only checked the anime, that doesn't happen until chapter 24. Everything up to this point has been chapters 1-7, though mixed around a bit.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

nielsm posted:

"Heathen" seems like a really strange word to use there. I have no idea what it's supposed to mean like that.

The (admittedly poor) early translation of the manga just used "evil".

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Zeruel posted:

I guess I'm in the non-existent minority saying that I don't mind the OP! v:shobon:v

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXbj0JfKb0c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Agronox posted:

BTW, I only started watching these things within the last year, so what is this BL she was talking about? Or do I not want to know?

• Locked thread