Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Wark Say posted:

As much as I enjoy Sugita's goofy voice, getting the dude who made Kakyoin super fun in the new JoJo seems like a step in the right direction. Also, Kasanoda/Casanova as Sakurada fits just right. :3:

We'll never see him go into delinquent mode with this run though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

Wow. Just ... wow. It's pretty painfully obvious that the art team really just doesn't "get" the manga. Like, it wouldn't necessarily take any much more budget to be accurate to the original goofiness of it, rather than taking the generic bishoujou show route.

It's the job of the character designer, iirc from Shirobako, and the animation director to make sure the style is consistent with whatever style they're going with. I will, however, echo some of the statements that it seems to keep pretty close with the original since the unique style most manga readers are used to doesn't show up until later.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

They didn't even use this face!! This is like the first of many to come and they didn't use it!!

They're playing up the romance side too hard in this adaptation and the comedy suffers for it, I don't think I can keep watching. Truly A Shame.

Too much Rom, not enough Com.

Lots of cute, not enough dumb.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 21, 2015

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
キタ━━━━━━(゜∀゜)━━━━━━ッ!!
The Principal has arrived in full force. Her voice is more girly than I imagined, but I think it'll be fine.

• Locked thread