Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Actually, I Am..., also known as "My Monster Secret", "Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa", or "The Truth Is, I Am"(sometimes called Truthism for short), is a popular and hilarious romcom manga that has now gotten its own anime series. It follows Asahi Kuromine, a boy who's a terrible liar, and has to hide the fact that his classmate Youko Shiragami is a vampire from everyone, or she'll be taken back home by her father. As time passes, more cute+dumb characters appear, including Nagisa Aizawa, Mikan Akemi, Shiho Shishido, and more. It's chock full of shenanigans and misunderstandings, but don't mistake it for purgatorial drek like Nisekoi; in MMS things actually happen, and the misunderstandings lead to the great comedy. It's a super fun, funny, adorable series, and I can only hope the reaction faces stand up to the manga's.

Series trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEXDuPAZGT0

Cast of characters(anime representations of each character will be added after the first episode airs):

quote:

Meet Asahi Kuromine. He's you're typical oblivious harem protagonist, a Tenchi-type, sans ancient alien superpowers. He is the Man Who Cannot Lie.

Kuromine has a crush on Youko Shiragami.

Shiragami's a quiet, attractive girl in his class. She also happens to be a vampire. If her secret is ever found out, her father, a vampire lord, will force her to return home. This becomes a problem when the likes of Akemi Mikan, the sadistic school reporter and childhood friend of Kuromine, takes an interest in her.

Nagisa Aizawa keeps her in line as the class rep, but also has her own share of secrets. She's a space alien piloting a "giant" robot version of herself.

Eventually more characters show up to complicate things, including Shiragami's childhood friend, Shiro. They are a werewolf. Shiro is one of my favorite characters in the series.

Cast voice actor list:
Natsuki Hanae as Asahi Kuromine
Yū Serizawa as Yōko Shiragami
Inori Minase as Nagisa Aizawa
Reina Ueda as Mikan Akemi
Aya Uchida as Shiho Shishido
M.A.O as Akane Kōmoto
Emi Nitta as Akari Kōmoto

First episode airs the day after this post!

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jul 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There's fanservice, but primarily from the character whose entire MO is self-aware fanservice, and is generally played for laughs.

This is the character's ideas of sexy poses, for example. The thread title is not a joke

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Allarion posted:

It has the same director as Servant x Service and Squid Girl, so that's something to keep in mind.

Also here's a PV since still promotional images aren't that useful here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEXDuPAZGT0

I completely forgot there was a preview. Adding it to the OP!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rodyle posted:

That OP is a really special kind of terrible
Holy poo poo you're not kidding, the song is fine, whatever, but the entire opening is so static and low-budget

Episode itself was fine but dragged things out a bit much. Hopefully it picks up speed, I think it's a show that could go through 3 chapters of the manga in a single episode pretty smoothly.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It is for a little bit at least, fairly quickly they straight up drop the "can't lie" gimmick. The series starts to pick up serious steam around the time the principal is introduced.

The unfortunate side effect of dropping earlier gimmicks is we tend to only be stuck with female shiho most of the time (not that that's necessarily a bad thing)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If anyone decides to drop it, I would suggest just switching to the manga instead. The anime itself still has promise, we're still in the early bits that were also slow in the manga, but the manga quickly grew into one of my favorite series ever and I can only hope the same thing happens with the anime version.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Clever girl

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Doomed :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There's really nothing gross about the series. It's really good at not making things creepy, even the fanservicey stuff by the fanservicey character is comical rather than titillating.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CommissarMega posted:

Could the MAID CAFE be a possibility? I certainly hope so :unsmigghh:
Oh jesus. I wasn't even thinking about that but if it results in THE SMILE or THE LAUGHING animated, I will forgive any missteps the series has had if it pulls them off right.

Those are the enelfaces of their respective face types.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Welcome to the world of idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Lol what happened, I watched two episodes and stopped since I prefer the manga over the choices they made for the show

• Locked thread